X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 Build 3.0.0.71 Beta

Here is build 3.0.0.71 BETA:

ftp://homeseer.com/updates/Beta/SetupHS3_3_0_0_71.exe

We are putting this out as a Beta due to some system wide changes that we would like test. This build removes the use of the regional settings file so all date/time formatting should display properly based on your PC's regional settings.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

DeviceScriptButton Changes

The DeviceScriptButton_xxx procedures (See Device Script Buttons in the help file under Scripting, Devices) were modified as well.

A Value must be assigned to each button, which needs to be unique amongst the values already in use by the device for value/status pairs.

This change would break existing plug-ins if it were made on the functions that were added previously, so the following procedures were changed:

DeviceScriptButton_Add became DeviceScriptButton_AddButton
    DeviceScriptButton_Delete became DeviceScriptButton_DeleteButton
    DeviceScriptButton_Location became DeviceScriptButton_Locate

The old version of these still exists, but returns False in each case and does not do anything. Please see the documentation for the location of the added value parameter or where the label was replaced with a value.
    Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

I have just done the update, and noticed something strange.

Whilst my plugins, setting etc seem to have all copied across fine my events list is now empty.

Is it possible the date change side has had an effect on the events?
      HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

I think something is seriously wrong with the event engine in this build.

Upon installation all events were lost, so I recreated these events as recurring events and ended up doing a bit of a DOS to thingspeak as my events which were set to run every 15 minutes were running all the time.

After shutting down and restarting all my events are lost again .

Time to Revert to the previous version for now, that's what backups are for.
        HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Comment

Are the events stored in the HSD database, or somewhere else?

The reason I ask is that I have daily (whole folder) backups of my HS3 database, and when I copied this back into the folder and overwrote everything I cannot see any of my events still, but the actual plugins, devices etc all exist and the version has changed from .71 to .68 where it was before I upgraded.

Comment

I am a glutten for punishment, I think something might have been wrong with my database prior to doing the update so I went into the SQL, deleted an event which had text in the version part of the database, then exported the SQL of the database, and created a new database with the SQL from the previous database imported.

Doing this got the system working, there were some duplicate event triggers at the start but this has normalized and from what I can see it is working fine and has not retriggered etc.

I was hoping the db issue might have been why HSTouch was not working for me, but that was not the case

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Tinker View Post
              A Value must be assigned to each button, which needs to be unique amongst the values already in use by the device for value/status pairs.
              I'm just checking to see if I understand this correctly.

I have a device with value/status-pairs for 0 = Off, and range (1-120) (it's an extremely simple thermostat). I have buttons "Up, "Down", "High", "Low", and "Off".

The values assigned to the buttons should NOT be in the range 0 to 120, just "something else". Right?

(And is it possible to just beta test the Z-wave plugin, or is this upgrade needed?)
              HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
              Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
              on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
              WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

I've just installed this now. So far (5 mins in) all OK. All events are showing as far as I can tell.
                Nicolai L

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                  The values assigned to the buttons should NOT be in the range 0 to 120, just "something else". Right?
                  Correct! It may be hard though considering you are limited to a value in the range from -1.79769313486231570E+308 through -4.94065645841246544E-324 for negative values and from 4.94065645841246544E-324 through 1.79769313486231570E+308 for positive values. Give it a good try though.

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                  (And is it possible to just beta test the Z-wave plugin, or is this upgrade needed?)
                  Z-Wave can be tested without updating HS3.
                  Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Tinker View Post
                    Correct! It may be hard though considering you are limited to a value in the range from -1.79769313486231570E+308 through -4.94065645841246544E-324 for negative values and from 4.94065645841246544E-324 through 1.79769313486231570E+308 for positive values. Give it a good try though.
                    Ok, from now on I'll just use Integer.MaxValue - ButtonIndex...

[QUOTE=Rick Tinker;1110432]Z-Wave can be tested without updating HS3./QUOTE]
                    Sweet! I'll see if I upgrade both or not.
                    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

I installed this update along with the Z-wave beta. I lost all of my Z-wave devices, the devices were all still there, but HS would not communicate with them. A re-scan of the Z-troller created duplicates of all of the nodes.

I rolled back to a backup from just before the updates to start over. This time I installed only the Z-wave beta two days ago. Tested for two days and all was well.

Today I installed the HS3 beta again, when I restarted HS3 there were 8-10 command windows opened, though HS3 indicated it had started. The command windows seemed to belong to the plug-ins and all were static except for one and it seemed to be in a loop. When I opened the HS3 web interface it all looked normal except that none of my Z-wave devices would respond. In the node info scree it showed no status for every device. A rescan of the Z-toller again resulted in duplicates being created for every node.

Rolled back to just before the .71 update.

Let me know if there is anything I can provide to help understand what is happening.
                      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                        when I restarted HS3 there were 8-10 command windows opened, though HS3 indicated it had started. The command windows seemed to belong to the plug-ins
                        I've noted that on the Installed Plug-ins page, if you check the box for "Developer Mode" it will cause those command windows to open and stay open. You might want to confirm that checkbox is not checked.

Comment

Originally posted by randycboone View Post
                          I've noted that on the Installed Plug-ins page, if you check the box for "Developer Mode" it will cause those command windows to open and stay open. You might want to confirm that checkbox is not checked.
                          It was checked, I had forgotten that I had done that earlier. That solves that problem, but doesn't explain why I am 0 for 2 on successfully keeping any Z-wave devices after the update. The first time I applied the update, that box was not checked. I'll try the update again this weekend and see if I can find any clues.
                          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Hello,

I checked this release : it's a good strart, most of date/time format are now OK, except sunrise/sunset time still shown in AM/PM format while my system has the 24h time format.

Comment

French Windows...

PHP Code:
                              Starting up....

3/21/2014 2:05:54 AM ~!~Error~!~Exception (1checking powerfailure recovery dataConversion from string "21/03/2014 01:54:00" to type 'Date' is not valid.Startup Complete1 errors detectedcheck the log for more information
                              FYI, french date has the day first, such as 21/03/2014
                              --
                              stipus

Comment

Working...
                              X