This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EnvisaLink Ademco Plug-in - Beta Testing

This plugin is designed to control your Ademco (Honeywell) Security System using the EnvisaLink interface: http://www.eyezon.com/?page_id=176
    It supports Vista Panels (Vista 20P, 21P, 15P, 10P, 128P, and 250P)

Please read the User Guide before installing.

Please report any bug.

Installation:
    • download the zip attached to this post and save it in the HS3 application folder in /updates3/zips
    • download the file named updater_override.txt attached to this post and save it in the HS3 application folder.
    • go to the "PLUG-INS > Manage" page and click the "Update Listing" button, then click "Additional interfaces > Test Plugin" and check the EnvisaLinkAdemco line.
    • click the "Download and Install" button
    • enable the plugin from the "PLUG-INS > Manage" page
    • delete updater_override.txt from your HS3 application folder

Changes to v3.0.0.30
    - Do not set a zone to "Opened" based on timer dump when partition is "Ready"

Changes to v3.0.0.29
    - Added "Send EnvisaLink ASCII Command" action
    - Added panel model dropdown in config page
    - Fixed logging of non standard request

Changes to v3.0.0.27
    - Added a "User Access" device for each partition showing the name or the id of the user that last armed or disarmed the partition

Changes to v3.0.0.26
    - Added possibility to rename and set the type of zones from the config page.
    - Added possibility to rename controls (Arm Stay, Arm Away, Disarm, etc....)

Changes to v3.0.0.25
    - Force all zones to "Closed" when partition status is set to Ready.

Changes to v3.0.0.24
    - Fixed password problem introduced in previous version

Changes to v3.0.0.23
    - Automatic attempt to reconnect when a "Wrong password" error is received.

Changes to v3.0.0.22
    - Added support for "Night Stay" mode

Changes to v3.0.0.20
    - Support for 10 characters password for EVL4

Changes to v3.0.0.19
    - Added possibility to prevent status change log, configurable at device level
    - Added "Log to File" option

Changes to v3.0.0.18
    - Support for up to 128 zones
    - Fixed copy/paste of actions
    - Changed device icons to the default HS icons

Changes to v3.0.0.17
    - Fixed arming/disarming of partition 2

Changes to v3.0.0.15
    - The plugin now wait a few seconds and try to reconnect when the first connection fails.

Changes to v3.0.0.14:
    - Added "Send Keystroke String" action

Changes to v3.0.0.13:
    - Fixed Maximum and Instant partition status

Changes to v3.0.0.12:
    - Fixed zone closing when they should not

Changes to v3.0.0.11:
    - Fixed reconnection problems

Changes to v3.0.0.8:
    - Fixed reconnection problems

Changes to v3.0.0.7:
    - Fixed "Arm Night-Stay" button

Changes to v3.0.0.6:
    - Hide password and security code in logs
    - Truncate password to 6 characters
    Attached Files
    Last edited by spud; February 26, 2018, 11:36 AM.

Hi, Attached are the logs with DEBUG (and passwords substituted). Seems I have a login issue? Is the password entered in the config screen the Envisalink password associated with the default "user" account?

thanks
    Attached Files

Comment

the password you must enter in the config page, is the password you use to log into the local webpage (default one is user)

is your password longer than 6 characters?
      envisalink actually use only the first 6 characters of the password you enter in the web page.
      so in the config page you should enter only the first 6 characters (I will automatically truncate it in the next version)

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
        the password you must enter in the config page, is the password you use to log into the local webpage (default one is user)

is your password longer than 6 characters?
        envisalink actually use only the first 6 characters of the password you enter in the web page.
        so in the config page you should enter only the first 6 characters (I will automatically truncate it in the next version)
        Thanks - It was the password length, I changed that and it now works! That would be great if you could truncate it in the future. I had no idea Envisalink was actually truncating it too.

I had a quick look and things seems to be working, but will test it out a little more this evening and let you know.

Something I'm not crazy about is having the Envisalink and panel passwords output to the logs, but understand this might be helpful for debugging. Don't know if it would be much more work to have a config flag to indicate if you want passwords output to the logs (or ******).

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by virtualadam View Post

Something I'm not crazy about is having the Envisalink and panel passwords output to the logs, but understand this might be helpful for debugging. Don't know if it would be much more work to have a config flag to indicate if you want passwords output to the logs (or ******).

Cheers
          yeah you're right, I'm going to hide or encrypt the passwords in the logs in the next version.

Comment

Hi, Did some more testing and everything seems to be working well. I did have one issue where the partition status wasn't being updated as I armed and disarmed the panel. I then disabled and enabled the plugin and can't reproduce.

One feature which would be really great would be to visually show the status of zone that are currently bypassed.

Nice work on this!

Comment

I have posted 3.0.0.6 in the first post of this thread. This version hides password and security code in the logs, and truncate the password to 6 characters.

One feature which would be really great would be to visually show the status of zone that are currently bypassed.
              unfortunately, I didn't find any reliable way to detect if a zone is bypassed or not.

another thing I did not mention before: when opening a zone the status of the corresponding device is updated almost instantly, but when closing a zone there is a delay of about 10 seconds for the status of the device to be updated. This is due to a problem in the EnvisaLink Ademco API, I'm trying to reach someone at envisacor (manufacturer of the board) to see if that can be fixed, but for now this is the best I can do.

Comment

Installed the new version and all is good. If you contact ademco I wonder if they have any other info about the bypass status...

Cheers

Comment

Help

Installed today and it worked fine for a while. Now, when I click on arm/disarm etc. nothing happens. The log shows:
                  EnvisaLinkAdemco ERROR Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Help?

Comment

Originally posted by jrjmpls7 View Post
                    Installed today and it worked fine for a while. Now, when I click on arm/disarm etc. nothing happens. The log shows:
                    EnvisaLinkAdemco ERROR Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Help?
                    could you setthe log level to debug and post your logs.

have you tried to restart the plugin?

Comment

What does the "root" device represent and specifically the "Last Change Date" for it? I'm hoping that it's the most recent change from any device...

thanks

Comment

It seems to be missing the NIGHT-STAY control (setting I use at night)?

STAY Mode: Arms Perimeter Only, Entry Delay On
                        AWAY Mode: Arms Entire System, Entry Delay On
                        INSTANT Mode: Arms Perimeter Only, Entry Delay Off
                        MAXIMUM Mode: Arms Entire System, Entry Delay Off

NIGHT-STAY Mode: Arms Perimeter Only, Plus Selected Zones

Comment

Originally posted by virtualadam View Post
                          It seems to be missing the NIGHT-STAY control (setting I use at night)?

STAY Mode: Arms Perimeter Only, Entry Delay On
                          AWAY Mode: Arms Entire System, Entry Delay On
                          INSTANT Mode: Arms Perimeter Only, Entry Delay Off
                          MAXIMUM Mode: Arms Entire System, Entry Delay Off

NIGHT-STAY Mode: Arms Perimeter Only, Plus Selected Zones
                          you're right there was a typo in my code preventing this button to appear, it's fixed in version 3.0.0.7 attached to first post. Delete your partition device, install 3.0.0.7 and start it, the partition device should be recreated with the "Arm Night Stay" button.
                          Note that you can also use the EnvisaLinkAdemco event actions to arm your system.

What does the "root" device represent and specifically the "Last Change Date" for it? I'm hoping that it's the most recent change from any device...
                          This device should show in its status the two-line alphanumeric string status you see on your keypad. The last change date is updated everytime the keypad status is updated.
                          It's called root, because to group all the EnvisaLinkAdemco devices together we need one root device and all other devices are children. But actually maybe I should rename this device to "Keypad status" ?

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                            could you setthe log level to debug and post your logs.

have you tried to restart the plugin?
                            Restarted and it works again. I've noticed that when arming in instant mode, the status says stay mode and when arming in max mode the status says away mode. Could these be fixed to show the proper status? I use max at night and being able to differentiate between away and night would be useful.

Comment

Originally posted by jrjmpls7 View Post
                              Restarted and it works again. I've noticed that when arming in instant mode, the status says stay mode and when arming in max mode the status says away mode. Could these be fixed to show the proper status? I use max at night and being able to differentiate between away and night would be useful.
                              can you tell the difference between armed in instant mode and armed in stay mode at the keypad level?
                              there is no "armed in instant mode" status in the API, but there is one "Armed maximum" status so I guess you should see that when you armed in max mode. If you don't please send me the debug log lines when you try to arm in max mode.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X