I need some help with some events please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need some help with some events please

Does anyone have any idea why the attached event doesn't work?
    If I remove the light has a value equal to on condition it runs just fine. But then the log is filled with entries showing that when there's no motion in the room the event is running every second!
    Attached Files
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Is it possible the "Light" has a dim value set instead of "On"?
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

The way it looks to me is your trigger condition will be met 5 minutes after the device goes CLOSED and will keep evaluating as TRUE every second or so until something causes it to go not CLOSED. Then each time, if the light is on it will turn off.
      Regards,
      Michael

HS3, W10 Home, HSTouch, W800, Z-Stick+

Comment

Hmmmmmm. That very well could be the case. So "On" means 100% on?

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
          Hmmmmmm. That very well could be the case. So "On" means 100% on?
          Click on the device, then look under the Advanced tab. That should give you the value/status.
          HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
          54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
          Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
            Is it possible the "Light" has a dim value set instead of "On"?
            That couldn't be it because if the event runs every second or so it would set it to OFF the first time it runs. Also that would make the CONDITION FALSE, so the event shouldn't run at all. Is there a chance you copied this event from another using the COPY icon? The reason I ask, is that I had some events that I copied, changed devices and the whole event was mucked to the point that it would trigger randomly. It is a bug in the copy routine, that has happened to me twice, but it has been unrepeatable. Try building the event again from scratch and see if that changes anything.
            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by Fuddy View Post
              The way it looks to me is your trigger condition will be met 5 minutes after the device goes CLOSED and will keep evaluating as TRUE every second or so until something causes it to go not CLOSED. Then each time, if the light is on it will turn off.
              But, in order for the event to run the light has to be ON (TRIGGER and CONDITION TRUE) and once the event runs the light would be OFF, rendering the CONDITION FALSE.

Comment

Well it says "Value 99 = "On" " and "Status 99 ON". Does this mean that any other dim state will cause the event to not run?

I didn't copy this event. I tried that at first a few times and things got pretty scrambled so I've been building them from scratch each time.

So just to be clear.
                What I want is for the lights to turn off if no motion has been detected in 5 minutes. I originally had no motion for 5 minutes as the trigger. This caused the event to run every second. So I added that the light also needed to be on and that broke the event.

How should I go about doing this?

Thanks for all the input guys!

@ rprade

How's the noise level on that SM case you're using? My understanding is that SM cases are real screamers.

Comment

On the HAI OPII panel I set up a timer flag. Have a few of these. Not sure how to do that though with HS3.

The first time the event is run it triggers the counting timer flag. Any other events that run concurrently checks the flag first.

It shuts off the doorbell after the timer expires such that there isn't really an off piece or event.

I also utilize another feature which defines a static span of time. I have multiple variables defined this way.

IE: 2AM to 4AM is clock #1 The event checks on the clock variable versus the time variable.

IE:

2. WHEN Doorbell NOT READY
                  AND IF Chime Flag OFF
                  THEN Chime Flag ON FOR 1 MINUTE
                  THEN Door Chime TOGGLE
                  - Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                  HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

@ rprade

How's the noise level on that SM case you're using? My understanding is that SM cases are real screamers.
                    It is dead quiet. If you click the link you can see that it is a small 1U short chassis. Under the health settings you can set the fan to whatever your desire - quiet, normal, performance. Mine is set to the quietest mode. The Atom version of the same server is fanless.

My WSE 2012r2 box is a 2U chassis with 8 3-1/2 drives and it is still quieter than my network switch.

My media server is two 4U SM chassis with 36 and 45 3-1/2 drives respectively and it will wake the dead when it starts, but even it settles down to a reasonably quiet level once all of the arrays are running and mounted. It is in a closet in the basement, right next to my home office. When the door is closed, it is barely noticeable. SuperMicros in a datacenter environment will scream, but their fan management settings in BIOS are quite flexible.

This is probably TMI, but the reason for the three servers, the HomeSeer server is just a single SSD and runs at ~37-watts. It runs 24/7-365. The 2U server is Windows Server Essentials used for backup of all of the home PCs, running VMs and serving up our music and "go to" video files. One of the VMs is for my security cameras. It has 8 4TB drives. Its power consumption is around 65-80 watts, depending on demand. We can shut it down when we are out of town or at any other time we want to.

The big media server is more or less offline storage. We archive all of our DVD and Blu-ray rips to that device. Since it runs 400 watts at idle, and over 700 if all arrays are active, we use WOL if we want to watch an older movie we have archived. The "big" server has 4 RAID6 arrays for reliability and redundancy. It would be a nightmare to have to re-rip 60tb (the size of the two larger RAID volumes) of movies With 24tb on the 2U server dedicated to movies, all of our new titles and old favorites are available on the "little" server.

Comment

Oh yeah. There's one more issue with not having the light is on condition besides the log getting hammered. You can't turn a light on in a room unless motion has been sensed in there for the last few minutes. So my daughter walks into her room, motion hasn't been sensed yet and when she turns the light on it turns back off immediately.

Comment

Well it says "Value 99 = "On" " and "Status 99 ON". Does this mean that any other dim state will cause the event to not run?

I didn't copy this event. I tried that at first a few times and things got pretty scrambled so I've been building them from scratch each time.

So just to be clear.
                        What I want is for the lights to turn off if no motion has been detected in 5 minutes. I originally had no motion for 5 minutes as the trigger. This caused the event to run every second. So I added that the light also needed to be on and that broke the event.

How should I go about doing this?

Thanks for all the input guys!
                        Your event should work. It looks like many events I have that do exactly what I want them to do. I am at a loss as to why yours is triggering every second once the trigger is TRUE. The CONDITION shouldn't be met after the first time the event is run, rendering the event inactive.

Comment

It ONLY fires every second when the condition for the light being on ISN'T in there. As you see it in the screenshot it doesn't fire every second. Which is nice. The problem is it doesn't fire at all.

Comment

Oh yeah. There's one more issue with not having the light is on condition besides the log getting hammered. You can't turn a light on in a room unless motion has been sensed in there for the last few minutes. So my daughter walks into her room, motion hasn't been sensed yet and when she turns the light on it turns back off immediately.
                            Below is what I use for motion control. It will turn the light on for me when I go in a room - at night. Will keep the light on as long as there is motion and shut it off 5 minutes after there is no motion. The virtual device "Lighting Controls Exercise Motion Control" allows me to disable the motion control event in case I want the lights to stay on or not be triggered by motion. Even if I manually turn the light on, it will still go off 5 minutes after motion stops.
                            Attached Files

Comment

There was something in the webinar yesterday about this. I think the way it went was detected motion starts or restarts a timer. If the timer expires and the light is on, it is turned off. HST uses that logic to control their warehouse lights.

So you set up two events. One restarts a timer and turns on the light when motion is detected. The second fires if the timer has reached 5 minutes. Don't really need to check if the light is on, just turn it off.

Edit: Just tried this. Works great.
                              Last edited by mmn; May 16, 2014, 04:48 PM.
                              Regards,
                              Michael

HS3, W10 Home, HSTouch, W800, Z-Stick+

Comment

Working...
                              X