[info] change device reference ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[info] change device reference ID

Is it possible to change a device reference ID?
    I have deleted a device and created a new. I'd like to assign the old reference ID device to a new device (so I don't have to correct my scripts and events)
    Thanks

Very doubtful. You might be able to change it in the database, but there's no telling what that might affect. You're safer correcting the scripts and events.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

The replace device functionality IS still in HS3, but it has not been tested. If you have already deleted the old device though, you are out of luck.

If you go to /repl on your HS3 system you will see the page where you can delete a device and give its device reference ID to a new device.
      Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Tinker View Post
        The replace device functionality IS still in HS3, but it has not been tested. If you have already deleted the old device though, you are out of luck.

If you go to /repl on your HS3 system you will see the page where you can delete a device and give its device reference ID to a new device.
        Good to know! Thanks Rick. I've been wondering that one myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Tinker View Post

I've been using this quite a bit today and seems to be working well.

Cheers
          Al
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

has anyone found any problems with this functionality it's very useful i'm unsure as to why it is not included as part of the build

Comment

Originally posted by phillb View Post
              has anyone found any problems with this functionality it's very useful i'm unsure as to why it is not included as part of the build
              HS3 devices are much more complex than HS2 ones so there is every chance if you were to swap a device that contained extra data that the new device did not have then it could cause all sorts of issues...simple swaps probably are fine.

Comment

Yes especially if some plug in writers don't keep to the rules and take short cuts lol. I have used it successfully today for three rfxcom devices but i backed up before hand and also restarted HS after each change. It saved me soooooo much time......I would not have thought it is such an unusual thing to want to do and I don't understand why this change is not built in and expected in the Architecture

Comment

Hello !

i'm very interetesd by this discussion, one question :
                  "If you go to /repl on your HS3 system you will see the page where you can delete a device and give its device reference ID to a new device"

i can't see where i can find this /repl feature on homeseer interface ?

Can someone guide me ?

Many thanks
                  Phil

Comment

found it ... it in the URL : http://192.168.1.201:81/repl

Comment

Originally posted by Phil2 View Post
                      Hello !

i'm very interetesd by this discussion, one question :
                      "If you go to /repl on your HS3 system you will see the page where you can delete a device and give its device reference ID to a new device"

i can't see where i can find this /repl feature on homeseer interface ?

Can someone guide me ?

Many thanks
                      Phil
                      Just write your server ip address + /repl...
                      Example: 192.168.1.50/repl

EDIT: ops, already solved :-)

Comment

Omg... That feature is going to be so much helpful thanks

Comment

There is at least one report that this feature can corrupt events that use the replaced device as a trigger.
                          https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...45#post1313145
                          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
                            There is at least one report that this feature can corrupt events that use the replaced device as a trigger.
                            https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...45#post1313145
                            It mostly works but once I used it I had to rebuild my zwave network

Comment

In some particular case this function could be useful I think. I just tried it on two fresh virtual devices, but that's not a '' big '' test lol.

Question: Is there any script /script function able set a device to any ref id we want ( I mean, a ref id slot not occupied by another device)?

Comment

Working...
                              X