Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lowes Iris Garage Door Controller

Hello,

I've recently started installing some Z-wave devices and happened to try some lowes iris stuff. I am quite aware that some of these devices (mostly the orbit stuff and pushbuttons) speak zigbee and wont work, however, other devices are Z-wave and might.

I tried pairing up the garage door controller, and while the interface sees it, it fails on security negotiation. this is with Z-wave beta version 3.0.0.158 and the aeon labs stick with firmware 3.07

The IRIS GDO controller is pretty nice looking with integrated door position sensor switch and a strobe and buzzer that sounds before moving the door.

Reading the instructions it appears this device was manufactured by Linear Corp and it does bear the Z-wave alliance badge. It also references "pairing to any Z-wave network" in the instructions which seems to indicate that it might talk outside of the IRIS environment.

Any suggestions on what i should try to do to make this work. I tried a factory reset on the device, paired within inches of the Z-stick while connected to HS3 PC. Other than that, being a HS noob, i'm not sure what else to try or how to dig deeper to see if this might work.

Thanks!
    Attached Files

This seems very similar to what you will see with door locks that are not compatible with HomeSeer. This is not pure Zwave protocol but requires some coding on HS side I believe.

That being said this door opener is nice and UL compliant as it warns folks about doors BEFORE actually opening/closing them. You can't string something like this up by using z-wave relay and sensor.

Thus I would vote for HS to start supporting this device (and even carrying it in the store if they wish - I would be glad to buy from HS directly which is what I did for all of my hardware that they carry).

Comment

It should not require any special code on our part. As newer devices are made under stricter/better certification rules and testing, issues that we typically have to write custom code for keep disappearing thankfully. In this case it is simply an issue or bug and should be able to get it up and running.

When a secure device is added to the network, right after it takes some time to discover its neighbors, you only have 10 seconds to do the security scheme negotiation. If a single frame transmission has a problem, if Z-Wave goes and answers a wake-up signal from another device, or if the PC is slow, or if the device started the 10 second timer at the end of inclusion instead of at the end of neighbor discovery, then any one of these things can cause it to fail.

If it fails, you MUST uninstall the node to try again - there is NO WAY to get the device to where it will accept the security scheme negotiation other than when it is added to the network (it is a security feature!).

Make sure you are on the latest beta of Z-Wave as we did make some changes to speed up the time for it to get to the security scheme negotiation - there may even be another change we made recently that is not release yet that will improve it more - but the most recent change seems to work for all devices as far as I have seen.

Sigma Designs realizes that the current scheme is slow and prone to timing issues, so they are designing the next generation scheme, but we are a little while from that being finished.

So remove it, and try adding it again. If you have a lot of polling going on and your system is really busy, and you cannot get it added after a few attempts, then I would turn off some of the polling and see if that helps. In a version that will hit the updater hopefully soon, there is a new Z-Wave action to disable all polling which will make that easier.
      Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Originally posted by Person View Post
        This seems very similar to what you will see with door locks that are not compatible with HomeSeer.
        HS3 is compatible with Schlage, Kwikset, Yale, Baldwin, Vision and Polylock. Which locks are not compatible?
        Last edited by macromark; July 10, 2014, 08:44 AM.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
          We're compatible with Schlage, Kwikset, Yale, Baldwin, Vision and Polylock. Which locks are not compatible?
          Newer Yale with HS2. I found this out the hard way and eventually HS store was updated with this information.

Comment

Originally posted by Person View Post
            Newer Yale with HS2. I found this out the hard way and eventually HS store was updated with this information.
            Sorry... you were responding to an HS3 screen shot so I thought you were referring to HS3. Yes, HS2 won't work with some of the newer Z-Wave hardware. That is true.

Comment

Tried adding this again several more times, did a remove and device reset before attempts to re-add. Still not getting past the negotiation of security scheme....

Any other suggestions on getting this to work?

Code:
              Add Node started...
              Activate the 'Add to Network' (Send NodeInfo) function on the node while it is close to your HomeSeer interface...
              Activate the 'Add to Network' (Send NodeInfo) function on the node while it is close to your HomeSeer interface...
              A new node has been found and is being added...
              Adding a new SLAVE NODE...
              Replication protocol transfer done - waiting for application specific replication (if any) to finish.
              Node 15 Added. 
              DONE - Add Node Operation is Complete.
              Done. Node 15 Added. 
              Node 15 supports the SECURITY command class - negotiating a security scheme...
              Security device (Node 15) is verified as operating securely in this network.
              Synchronizing node information with HomeSeer and creating new device(s) as necessary...
              Synchronize nodes finished. Number of device nodes to be created/added = 1

Device synchronization needs to create devices for one new node.

Negotiating or Verifying SECURITY SCHEME for node 15
              Warning: Failed to get a SECURITY SCHEME or verify the key from node 15. Device may not be added properly to HomeSeer.
              Warning: The security device may have a timeout when adding to the network, bring the device close to HomeSeer and use the Add Node button to add it (remove it first)
              Warning: If this device was previously added to the network, the device may need to be removed from the network and re-added.
              Warning: In case the device was previously added successfully, an attempt will be made to continue the import.
              Getting SECURITY class information for node 15
              Z-Wave manufacturer information for node 15, ID: 335=14FH (Linear), Type: 18244=4744H, ID: 12336=3030H
              Node: 15 Supports Class(es): MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC_V2, SECURITY, DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY
              Node: 15 Supports Secure Class(es): VERSION_V2, BARRIER_OPERATOR, APPLICATION_STATUS, NOTIFICATION_V3, ASSOCIATION_V2
              All associations for node 15 have been retrieved successfully, it supports associations on these groups: 1.
              Root Node Device Z-Wave Node 15 Z-Wave Interface Linear Door Lock Node 15 was created for node 15 on network 0184EC1D
              House ZStick: Adding association for Z-Wave device Z-Wave Node 15 Z-Wave Interface Linear Door Lock Node 15 (Node 15, Group 1) to HomeSeer
              2 out of 2 Child devices of node 15 were created successfully.
              Reloading (importing) node information from the controller...
              Finished with Replication process.
              It does create the root device and 2 child devices, but nothing from the secure class like open/shut.
              Attached Files

Comment

Here is a link to the product from the manufacturer Linear.

http://www.linearcorp.com/product_de...productId=1719

I also found where a few vera users are having similar errors where it wont add into that system either.

Too bad, because this is a super clean looking, easy to install, unit that expands on the relay and sensors approach.

Comment

HomeSeer 3 & IRIS Garage Door Opener not talking correctly to each other

Ditto for me on the IRIS garage door opener. It is a nice product.

It will not take on a new node no matter how I stand on my head, wave arms, play with the tilt sensor, push the link button.

Here is my log on the device:
                  Jul-14 9:08:55 PM Info System registered with MyHomeSeer service successfully. Jul-14 9:08:49 PM Z-Wave Warning ZWave-0184C83E: Unhandled frame for command class: COMMAND_CLASS_BARRIER_OPERATOR Received on interface ZWave-0184C83E Jul-14 9:08:45 PM Z-Wave 2 out of 2 Child devices of node 19 were created successfully. Jul-14 9:08:37 PM Z-Wave All associations for node 19 have been retrieved successfully, it supports associations on these groups: 1. Jul-14 9:08:37 PM Z-Wave Node 19 Association Group 1 can have 1 associations, and currently has 1 Jul-14 9:08:36 PM Z-Wave Warning ZWave-0184C83E: Unhandled frame for command class: COMMAND_CLASS_BARRIER_OPERATOR Received on interface ZWave-0184C83E Jul-14 9:08:35 PM Z-Wave Getting association information for node 19 Jul-14 9:08:35 PM Info System registered with MyHomeSeer service successfully. Jul-14 9:08:24 PM Z-Wave Warning Error getting version information for node 19, Send failed. Jul-14 9:08:16 PM Z-Wave Node: 19 Supports Secure Class(es): VERSION_V2, BARRIER_OPERATOR, APPLICATION_STATUS, NOTIFICATION_V3, ASSOCIATION_V2 Jul-14 9:08:16 PM Z-Wave Node: 19 Supports Class(es): MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC_V2, SECURITY, DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY Jul-14 9:08:16 PM Z-Wave Jul-14 9:08:16 PM Z-Wave Device synchronization needs to create devices for one new node. Jul-14 9:08:16 PM Z-Wave Jul-14 9:08:16 PM Z-Wave Syncing Z-Wave nodes with device list... Jul-14 9:08:16 PM Z-Wave Found 19 Z-Wave nodes Jul-14 9:08:16 PM Z-Wave Getting Z-Wave node list for network 0184C83E...

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.96 (Windows)

Aeon Labs Aeotec Z-Stick

-Matt
                  Last edited by mdgent; July 15, 2014, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Ongoing struggle with HS3 and IRIS garage opener not talking

Updated my setup to the latest beta of Z-Wave ...165, but still not working.

Here is the add node information:
                    Adding a new SLAVE NODE...
                    Replication protocol transfer done - waiting for application specific replication (if any) to finish.
                    Node 21 Added.
                    DONE - Add Node Operation is Complete.
                    Done. Node 21 Added.
                    Node 21 supports the SECURITY command class - negotiating a security scheme...
                    Security device (Node 21) is verified as operating securely in this network.
                    Synchronizing node information with HomeSeer and creating new device(s) as necessary...
                    Synchronize nodes finished. Number of device nodes to be created/added = 1
                    Device synchronization needs to create devices for one new node.
                    Negotiating or Verifying SECURITY SCHEME for node 21
                    Warning: Failed to get a SECURITY SCHEME or verify the key from node 21. Device may not be added properly to HomeSeer.
                    Warning: The security device may have a timeout when adding to the network, bring the device close to HomeSeer and use the Add Node button to add it (remove it first)
                    Warning: If this device was previously added to the network, the device may need to be removed from the network and re-added.
                    Warning: In case the device was previously added successfully, an attempt will be made to continue the import.
                    Getting SECURITY class information for node 21
                    Z-Wave manufacturer information for node 21, ID: 335=14FH (Linear), Type: 18244=4744H, ID: 12336=3030H
                    Node: 21 Supports Class(es): MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC_V2, SECURITY, DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY
                    Node: 21 Supports Secure Class(es): VERSION_V2, BARRIER_OPERATOR, APPLICATION_STATUS, NOTIFICATION_V3, ASSOCIATION_V2
                    All associations for node 21 have been retrieved successfully, it supports associations on these groups: 1.
                    Root Node Device Node 21 Z-Wave Linear Door Lock Node 21 was created for node 21 on network 0184C83E
                    ZWave-0184C83E: Adding association for Z-Wave device Node 21 Z-Wave Linear Door Lock Node 21 (Node 21, Group 1) to HomeSeer
                    2 out of 2 Child devices of node 21 were created successfully.
                    Reloading (importing) node information from the controller...
                    Finished with Replication process.
                    Last edited by mdgent; July 15, 2014, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Glad to hear its not just me! Hopefully this can be fixed to work, it sure is a nice unit. I tried the newest Z-wave release too and still having the same results.

Comment

Recover abandoned z-wave nodes

Barely related...How do I recover the node numbers squandered in attempt to get this working? I want to stay below 32 because of the GE/Jasco secondary controller keypad limitation.

-Matt

Comment

Originally posted by mdgent View Post
                          Barely related...How do I recover the node numbers squandered in attempt to get this working? I want to stay below 32 because of the GE/Jasco secondary controller keypad limitation.

-Matt
                          Not easily. Z-Wave will go back and use those blanks once you hit the limit of your controller otherwise you would have to relearn all of your devices.

Comment

It's doable with a z-troller, but you have to re-optimize everything after. I have done it a few times testing backup/recovery.

Cheers
                            Al
                            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

IT is interesting to see that Chamberlain has filed a patent infringement suit against Linear for this product. Link.

That sure seems like a really broad patent to hold, but maybe this is why there are not many other "out of the box" garage door control interfaces and most people go with the appliance module/ contact relay method.

I'd still love to get this working if anyone else has any suggestions on what to try.

Comment

Working...
                              X