IP / Serial Plugin for HS3 (by "drule")

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IP / Serial Plugin for HS3 (by "drule")

Please note that the .ini config file included in the Zip is for reference only. The plugin creates the ini file when you start building out the configuration.

** New Version - 0.0.0.31 ** [January 1st, 2018] Happy New Year!

Adds method to send IR commands from a script

-------------------------------------------------------------------

** New Version - 0.0.0.30 ** [December 18th, 2017]

Fixes bugs when sending serial commands where the plugin would crash in some instances and also truncate the end of the hex string.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

** New Version - 0.0.0.29 ** [December 13th, 2017]

Fixes a bug when multiple non-persistent tcp clients are used in quick succession

** New Version - 0.0.0.28 ** [Turkey Day, 2017]

Fixes a bug that prevented serial connections from showing up as triggers

** New Version - 0.0.0.27 ** [October 29th, 2017]

Fixed a bug where incoming data would trigger an event if the data matched regardless of the connection name. Now only triggers events when the connection and the data matches.

** New Version - 0.0.0.26 ** [December 8th, 2016]

Fixes a bug that could cause incoming commands to get repeated in a loop

** Guide to Adding Feedback added as PDF attachment ** [November 30th, 2016]

** New Version - 0.0.0.25 ** [July 18th, 2016]
    Added an "iRule Feedback" checkbox to the "Send status/value" action of an event. This should help with implementing iRule feedbacks. 'drule' will add usage instructions to the discussion thread

-------------------------------------------------------------------

** New Version - 0.0.0.21 **

Fixes a bug that was causing the plugin to attempt to read data from a tcp host connection after the remote client had closed the connection.

** New Version - 0.0.0.19 **

Fixed a bug in populating HS devices when using the Send Status / Value action. Also fixed missing port number in Connections tab

---------------------------------------------------------------------

** New Version - 0.0.0.18 **

Fixed a bug that prevented native serial connections being enabled

** New Version - 0.0.0.17 **

Fixed a bug that could cause the plugin to crash when receiving a corrupt IR command via a GC-IRE

** New Version - 0.0.0.16 **

Fix for Linux users to work around Mono bug in handling .NET IsNumeric function. Works for all users.

** New Version - 0.0.0.15 **

Fixed problems with adding / copying configuration items reported by several users

** New Version - 0.0.0.14 **

Added support for two GC-100-6 - Requested by 'gerlin'

Please note this does not solve the issue that has been reported with adding new entries to the config tabs. David has not been able to reproduce that yet. As a work-around, try editing the .ini file manually and then restart the plugin to pick up the changes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

** New Version - 0.0.0.13 **

Fix for intermittent "Page refreshing..." error. No functionality changes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

** New Version - 0.0.0.12 **

Minor modification to name of config page link to prevent clash with another plugin. No other changes

------------------------------------------------------------------------

** New Version - 0.0.0.11 **
    Fix to support external script access. 'drule' needed re-write to this piece of code for HS3 as methodology was significantly different to HS2.

To send data from your own script you can use either of the following script functions:
    Code:
    hs.PluginFunction("drhsIpPlugin", "", "Ext_Send_Command", New Object(){"Test Connection", "Test Command"})
    Code:
    hs.PluginFunction("drhsIpPlugin", "", "Ext_Send_Data", New Object(){"Test Connection", "Hello\sworld\r\n", "C Escaped"})
    **** If you already have a HS2 or HS3 ini file for this PlugIn you will want to back that up and potentially utilise / modify instead of using this one - especially if you have a lot of commands / connections already defined. ****

2. Restart HS3

3. In the Web UI, go to Plugins -> Manage

4. Enable the drhsIpPlugIn using the slider

Configuration:
    1. Go to Plugins -> dhrsIpPlugin -> Config

2. You should see 5 tabs: Commands | IR Commands | Connections | Serial Ports | Plugin Config

If you used my example INI file in the ZIP attachment you should see a series of Commands for the Monoprice HDMI Matrix switch and a couple for the Samsung TVs. In the Connections tab you will see my IP connections to my Serial server for those same two devices. In the Serial Ports tab you will see all Serial Ports that are currently available on your machine (if any) including any virtual ports created using VSPE or similar. The Plugin Config tab doesn't contain much yet, but if you hate the auto-collapsing sliding tabs (like I do) check the box here.

Please do not use this thread for discussion. I have added this one for discussion purposes.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by cheeryfool; January 1, 2018, 06:07 PM. Reason: new version
    cheeryfool

Good afternoon Cheeryfool,

At the moment I use the plugin drhsIpPlugIn of the author Drule, to be able to control and monitor some thermostats that work under a 485 network. I worked correctly in the test offered by HomeSeer on a PC with software under Windows.

At the time I acquired a PC (SELL PRO) that works under Linux, but I am no longer able to run them.

I know that port handling in Linux is totally different, but I have not managed to have communication or operation of the equipment.

At the moment I use a USB to RS485 converter to communicate between the PC and the thermostats.

I appreciate you can tell me if this plugin has some adjustment to work on Linux or how you can help me.

Grateful for the help provided.

Jose Galindo
    Colombia

Comment

Hi, Admittedly I'm late to the party. Is there a current version of this plugin? I don't see it in the list of plugins when I go to add it within HS. How do I get it?
      Thanks, it looks like it's exactly what I need!

Comment

Originally posted by avpman View Post
        Hi, Admittedly I'm late to the party. Is there a current version of this plugin? I don't see it in the list of plugins when I go to add it within HS. How do I get it?
        Thanks, it looks like it's exactly what I need!
        Hi all, I found the plugin and it's working great on HS4. How may I donate to this author?
        Thanks!

Comment

Hi
          I'm totally new to Homeseer and wan't to replace my old Remotepanel from iRule with something simmular.
          But for the moment I'm struggling to make it work. Most of my Equipments are Ip-controlled and was 'easy' to implement in iRule.
          Should the IP control from drule work with IP commands in HS4 ? I'm trying the following command, that is working in Windows 10 with Chrome.

http://IP:Port/web/zap?sRef=1:0:19:1...FFFF0000:0:0:0

But however I try to configure it under drule plugin I get no response.
          Anybody have an Idea suggestion on how to make this work ?

Comment

Originally posted by steri View Post
            Hi
            I'm totally new to Homeseer and wan't to replace my old Remotepanel from iRule with something simmular.
            But for the moment I'm struggling to make it work. Most of my Equipments are Ip-controlled and was 'easy' to implement in iRule.
            Should the IP control from drule work with IP commands in HS4 ? I'm trying the following command, that is working in Windows 10 with Chrome.

http://IP:Port/web/zap?sRef=1:0:19:1...FFFF0000:0:0:0

But however I try to configure it under drule plugin I get no response.
            Anybody have an Idea suggestion on how to make this work ?
            This doesn't answer your question as posed, but you could just put that in a script and call it.

hs.geturl("http://IP:Port","/web/zap?sRef=1:0:19:1007:6:46:FFFF0000:0:0:0")

Comment

I am not familiar with drule plugin and I also not clear if you are trying to send or receive this URL and if a IP to serial device is involved.

if you do not get response from others you may want to consider mcsMQTT plugin that can send and receive IP URL and bridge to serial if desired.

I think a more complete question would help others as it is inlikely anybody has the equipment you are referencing.

Comment

Working...
              X