HS3 Build 3.0.0.149 Beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 Build 3.0.0.149 Beta

Build 3.0.0.149 for HS3 is available for testing.

Changes for 3.0.0.149

* Fixed hs.GetPageHeader (broken in 3.0.0.147) for plugins. Fixes a problem with plugin web pages not displaying properly

Download installer from here:

Download Build 3.0.0.149

For SEL and ZEE owners, you can SSH to your box and update.

For Linux users, you can download the TAR file from here:

http://homeseer.com/updates3/hs3_linux_3_0_0_149.tar.gz

Changes for 3.0.0.147

* Fixes to hs.GetPageHeader
    * Fixed issue where HSTouch status might be opposite of actual device status

Download Build 3.0.0.147

Changes for 3.0.0.146

* Removed some debug logging statements
    * For the standard Linux build, the password prompting screen has been removed

Download Build 3.0.0.146

For Linux users (not HomeTroller or Zee), you can download the TAR file from here:

http://homeseer.com/updates3/hs3_linux_3_0_0_146.tar.gz

Changes for 3.0.0.145

* Added setup option to enable image caching in browser to speed up page loads. Note that some plugins will not update device status if this is enabled, in this case it should be left off. If you are updating from build 3.0.0.143 and disable this setting, you will need to manually clear your browser cache. The default is OFF for this setting.

* hs.GetPageHeader was fixed

* Minor changes to HS database handling

Changes for 3.0.0.145

* Includes HSTouch Server plugin 3.0.0.53 which fixes some connection issues with .52
    * Installer is now authenticode signed
    * Adds handling for displaying images properly from plugins, such as status images. I need feedback on this change please. Do images display properly and change when they are updated? The change was as follows:

When hs.SetDeviceString is called, and it checks if its setting an image, if so, it checks if there is a ? in the URL, if not, it adds "?time=#". This automatically forces the new image to display.

Plugin authors should add the "?time=#" to their images, or change the filename. The filename can never be a previous filename.

Download Build 3.0.0.143

For Linux users (not HomeTroller or Zee), you can download the TAR file from here:

http://homeseer.com/updates3/hs3_linux_3_0_0_143.tar.gz

(untar from the directory one up from the HomeSeer folder, this tar file creates the HomeSeer folder or untars into that folder)

Changes for 3.0.0.142

This build connects to a new server for MyHomeSeer Remote. The MyHomeSeer Remote server has been re-written due to loading issues and this requires an updated version of HS3. Please load this build if you can test the new MyHomeSeer server. Note that you can only connect with a browser at this time. Your current HStouch clients will not connect. They will work once we go live with this build and adjust the DNS. New clients will not be required.

Changes in this build:

* New button on device management page to set page width to fixed or resizable
    * HomeSeer now runs in USER mode, rather than Admin mode (please post if you see any issues with this)
    * Images are cached in the browser for faster page loads

Here is a full list of changes since build 3.0.0.96:

Changes

Download Build 3.0.0.142

If you have a Zee and can update via SSH, you can update to build 142 with:
    ./update.sh 142

If you have a HomeTroller SEL, you can update via SSH using the same command as the Zee.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Looks like .142 also installs HSTouch server .52 which screws things up here.

I don't use the myHomeseer service and with .52 I can't connect locally with any clients or the designer.

The designer just sits at the splash screen and clients also just hang without connecting.

I've gone back to HSTouch .51 and things are working OK now.

Do the changes you mention in post #1 affect local and / or remote connection directly into the HS3 server?

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post

I don't use the myHomeseer service and with .52 I can't connect locally with any clients or the designer.
      Did you see the note:
      Your current HStouch clients will not connect. They will work once we go live with this build and adjust the DNS

Comment

Odd, .52 just adds support for energy data, I can't think of a reason it would not work. I will have test. I assume you are using the 3.0.0.19 Designer?

Actually, .51 had support for Energy, so I will have to look at the changes from .51 to .52.

The designer just sits at the splash screen and clients also just hang without connecting.

I've gone back to HSTouch .51 and things are working OK now.

Do the changes you mention in post #1 affect local and / or remote connection directly into the HS3 server?

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          Did you see the note:
          Yes.

The way I interpreted that note was that it would not work with HSTouch clients if they were connecting via the Myhomeseer service.

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
            Odd, .52 just adds support for energy data, I can't think of a reason it would not work. I will have test. I assume you are using the 3.0.0.19 Designer?
            Yes Rich, I'm using designer 3.0.0.19

If HS3 isn't running then the designer will take a while to start and then throw up a connection error message but it will still run.

With .52 it just sits there on the splash screen.

Paul..

Comment

Designer and local clients work fine here. Remotely through my own DDNS also works. I do not use MyHomeSeer. This is with HSTouch server 3.0.0.52.
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I have been running 3.0.0.142 since yesterday (no issue here too with HSTouch and 3.0.0.52).

I am getting worried with the use of memory, handles and threads of the homeseer program. It was very stable before, but with this build it keeps rising...
                The white line shows the install of the new beta - at 9 PM Dutch time

Wim
                Attached Files
                -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

After another hour I am getting out of memory errors:

nov-09 8:59:41 Jon00_RCCNM Error in fastping function: (Er is een uitzondering opgetreden van het type System.OutOfMemoryException.)
                  nov-09 8:58:53 Error Launching application: regsvr32.exe->Er is een uitzondering opgetreden van het type System.OutOfMemoryException.
                  nov-09 8:58:53 System Registering C:\Windows\sysWOW64\msscript.ocx with Windows
                  nov-09 8:58:51 Error Launching application: regsvr32.exe->Er is een uitzondering opgetreden van het type System.OutOfMemoryException.
                  nov-09 8:58:51 System Registering C:\Windows\system32\msscript.ocx with Windows
                  nov-09 8:58:41 Jon00_RCCNM Error in fastping function: (Er is een uitzondering opgetreden van het type System.OutOfMemoryException.)
                  nov-09 8:57:55 EnergyLogger Error, Exception parsing Parm: Er is een uitzondering opgetreden van het type System.OutOfMemoryException.
                  nov-09 8:57:00 TTS Speak ():Joy is bijna thuis
                  nov-09 8:57:00 Event Event Trigger "Locatie Joy bijna thuis"
                  nov-09 8:57:00 TTS Speak ():Joy is thuis
                  nov-09 8:57:00 Event Event Trigger "Locatie Joy thuis"
                  nov-09 8:56:41 Jon00_RCCNM Error in fastping function: (Er is een uitzondering opgetreden van het type System.OutOfMemoryException.)
                  nov-09 8:55:47 EnergyLogger Error, Exception parsing Parm: Er is een uitzondering opgetreden van het type System.OutOfMemoryException.
                  nov-09 8:55:43 Error Launching application: regsvr32.exe->Er is een uitzondering opgetreden van het type System.OutOfMemoryException.
                  nov-09 8:55:43 System Registering C:\Windows\sysWOW64\msscript.ocx with Windows

I guess I will be going back to .132.

It looks like the scripting engine is not working properly?

Regards

Wim
                  Last edited by w.vuyk; November 9, 2014, 03:58 AM.
                  -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                    After another hour I am getting out of memory errors:

nov-09 8:59:41 Jon00_RCCNM Error in fastping function: (Er is een uitzondering opgetreden van het type System.OutOfMemoryException.)
                    nov-09 8:58:53 Error Launching application: regsvr32.exe->Er is een uitzondering opgetreden van het type System.OutOfMemoryException.
                    nov-09 8:58:53 System Registering C:\Windows\sysWOW64\msscript.ocx with Windows
                    nov-09 8:58:51 Error Launching application: regsvr32.exe->Er is een uitzondering opgetreden van het type System.OutOfMemoryException.
                    nov-09 8:58:51 System Registering C:\Windows\system32\msscript.ocx with Windows
                    nov-09 8:58:41 Jon00_RCCNM Error in fastping function: (Er is een uitzondering opgetreden van het type System.OutOfMemoryException.)
                    nov-09 8:57:55 EnergyLogger Error, Exception parsing Parm: Er is een uitzondering opgetreden van het type System.OutOfMemoryException.
                    nov-09 8:57:00 TTS Speak ():Joy is bijna thuis
                    nov-09 8:57:00 Event Event Trigger "Locatie Joy bijna thuis"
                    nov-09 8:57:00 TTS Speak ():Joy is thuis
                    nov-09 8:57:00 Event Event Trigger "Locatie Joy thuis"
                    nov-09 8:56:41 Jon00_RCCNM Error in fastping function: (Er is een uitzondering opgetreden van het type System.OutOfMemoryException.)
                    nov-09 8:55:47 EnergyLogger Error, Exception parsing Parm: Er is een uitzondering opgetreden van het type System.OutOfMemoryException.
                    nov-09 8:55:43 Error Launching application: regsvr32.exe->Er is een uitzondering opgetreden van het type System.OutOfMemoryException.
                    nov-09 8:55:43 System Registering C:\Windows\sysWOW64\msscript.ocx with Windows

I guess I will be going back to .132.

It looks like the scripting engine is not working properly?

Regards

Wim
                    Are you using HSTouch with .142, specifically version .52 of the server plug-in?

I see all sorts of strange behaviour if I use .52 including HS3 grinding to a halt even if no clients have attempted a connection.

With HS3 .142 and HSTouch .51 things have been running fine here for 12 hours +.

Paul..

Comment

Are you using HSTouch with .142, specifically version .52 of the server plug-in?

I see all sorts of strange behaviour if I use .52 including HS3 grinding to a halt even if no clients have attempted a connection.

With HS3 .142 and HSTouch .51 things have been running fine here for 12 hours +.

Paul..
                      Paul,

You made me check again. Yesterday I upgraded HS3 to 3.0.0.142, checked the beta section and saw HStouch .52 waiting. I upgraded it immediately:

nov-08 21:22:46 HSTouch Server Server started on port 10200
                      nov-08 21:22:46 Info Plugin HSTouch Server has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:29159
                      nov-08 21:22:46 Updater Re-initializing plugin after update.
                      nov-08 21:22:46 Updater Install/Update of package HomeSeer HSTouch Server was successful.
                      nov-08 21:22:46 Updater Warning File exists, not overwriting: D:\Programs\HS3\Config\\hspi_HSTouch.ini
                      nov-08 21:22:46 Updater Copying file: D:\Programs\HS3\RssToolkit.dll
                      nov-08 21:22:46 Updater Copying file: D:\Programs\HS3\HSPI_HSTOUCH.exe
                      nov-08 21:22:46 Updater Installing package HomeSeer HSTouch Server
                      nov-08 21:22:46 Updater Update HSPI_HSTouch.exe downloaded successfully
                      nov-08 21:22:45 Updater Downloading update: HomeSeer HSTouch Server
                      nov-08 21:22:43 Speaker Speaker host disconnected, Name: VISNET-HOMESEER IP address: 10.0.0.20
                      nov-08 21:22:43 Info Plugin HSTouch Server with instance: has disconnected
                      nov-08 21:22:43 HSTouch Server Client Visnet-Touch:Visnet-Touch (10.0.0.8/4243) has raised LineDisconnected.
                      nov-08 21:22:43 Updater Plugin is loaded, unloading before updating.
                      nov-08 21:22:43 Updater Starting download of updates
                      nov-08 21:21:36 Huis Bovenetage vrij
                      nov-08 21:20:36 Log Info The log database is currently 70,3MB in size.

And I just rechecked my HSTouch server and it is still on 3.0.0.51? Going crazy now

I guess HST did a withdrawal just before I ran the upgrade? LOL
                      So I am still on 3.0.0.51 here. That is why I was running fine

But I stilll have this excessive rise of memory usage. I will have .142 running for a few hours, but if I see memory and threads start to rise again I am definitally going back.

Wim
                      -- Wim

Comment

From my experience HS3 has always had resource leaks, at least in the last 20 or so versions anyway.

Memory and threads are pretty stable here but handles do increase steadily over time. I have identified a handle leak when the SpeakToFile function is used but Rich seems to think this is related to the voice I'm using rather than HS3. I'm not so sure myself.

I don't use any aspx pages here, which are another known issue regarding resource leaks.

You must have a pretty large system to have 7000+ handles. Mine starts at about 1000 but will increase by 100 or so a day.

Earlier in the year I wrote a small utility to monitor and log HS3 & plug-in resource usage and I spent some time trying to match resource usage to HS3 activity. I did report some of my findings to the HST team but at that time it appeared (by their responses) that they were busy with other things so I resorted to just re-starting HS3 once a week.

When I did the update to .142, I'm pretty sure HSTouch server was updated during that update. I definitely didn't update it from the updater.

Paul..

Comment

Paul,

My experiences have been different so far. With HS2 handles would grow slowly for me, starting at around 1000 and growing to 3000 after a few weeks.
                          With HS3, certainly since .96 the handles have been starting around 1400 and it would rise to ca. 1800 after a few weeks. If you look back to the graphs I posted, the low value was 1700, wich was HS .132 after a 2 weeks run.

Therefor for me HS3 has been doing very well on the handles and leaks so far.

But with this beta handles are really showing a steap growth in handles. After my last restart the handles started at 1400, and at this moment, 3 hours later handles are already rising to 3400. I had one script running with RegisterStatusChangeCB, which I have disabled to be sure this was not the cause. Appearantly not, so there is something else going on.

I am going back to .132

Wim
                          -- Wim

Comment

Updated to .142 and HS Touchserver went to .52.
                            Everthing is working here, also the HST client.
                            So far so good

Comment

This version is spectacular!

HS3 web response has improved 1000% internally AND over the internet!!

Device page resizing = AMAZING! (found a slight visual "issue" that can be fixed pretty easy -- attached)

I am extremely pleased with this update and I can't wait for others to feel the speed increase on the HS3 web response. The image cache fix makes the page load incredibly fast!!!

Bravo, bravo, acceptance levels rising.

THanks to all that provided hard work to make this possible.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X