• Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS Touch "select music" problems

I'm using Squeezebox plug-in for music.

When designing the menus in HS Touch

For music selection I'm using

ListBox -> Status Tracking -> Music Selector

It does work to some extent however I see some garbage there such as "macromark" and "snap-small" that are not part of my Logitec Media Server (LMS). Also I see some "iTunes" labels regardless that I never use iTunes.

Furthermore LMS favorites do not show as a list. It stops short to "LMS favorites" line and will not allow further drill down as it does on LMS web interface.

Help will be appreciated.

Thanks

RI2

Did you start with the "Basic Music Browser" template or a List Box? Do you have iTunes or the Media PLayer plugin enabled as well? If you selected the player associated with the iTunes or Media Player that could explain why you see these entries.

I assume all this is with HS2 and not HS3 as the Media library/APIs is not yet supported in HSTouch HS3. Also I assume that after you configured "ListBox -> Status Tracking -> Music Selector" you also selected an LMS player. Do you seen any library content like you local LMS Music and/or is it specific to the LMS Favorites?

If you can see the LMS library content and can navigate to it, if you enable debug + verbose debug in the SqueezeBox plugin, navigate the library from HSTouch and send me or post the resulting log I will look at it to see why it does not should the content of the LMS Favorites.

Comment

Answers

Answers to your questions below in the same order.

1. Yes. I started with the "basic music browser" in HST.
      2. No I don't have any other music plug-ins whatsoever.
      3. No I don't have any local music. All I do is streaming from Pandora and online radios.
      4. Yes, it is HS2.
      5. Yes I did select LMS player.
      6. Since I do not have any local music I do not see any local library content.
      7. I did activate the debugging and ran random browsing for music for both of my players. The log is posted at the link below (too big for this forum, got rejected).
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByN...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

One more related problem emerged

The music browser will get "dumb" for no reason.
        The limited functionality would turn into no functionality at all.
        All I'd see on the screen would be "All artists" "All genres" "All albums" and "All tracks" and scrolling between those. Nothing else.
        Recovery from this mode is available by re-starting HS however this is not a desirable solution.

RI2

Comment

Originally posted by risquare View Post
          Answers to your questions below in the same order.

1. Yes. I started with the "basic music browser" in HST.
          2. No I don't have any other music plug-ins whatsoever.
          3. No I don't have any local music. All I do is streaming from Pandora and online radios.
          4. Yes, it is HS2.
          5. Yes I did select LMS player.
          6. Since I do not have any local music I do not see any local library content.
          7. I did activate the debugging and ran random browsing for music for both of my players. The log is posted at the link below (too big for this forum, got rejected).
          Thanks for providing the log file. Per log the API (from HSTouch) was called to query LMS library for favorites for example and other notifications are sent to HSTouch (That a track changed for example); I cannot find anything wrong, though the log does not include additional details of the library content returned by LMS. To see additional information related to what LMS returns when the library is queried, can you enable debug + Music API logging in the Squeezebox plugin, navigate to the favorites and post the log? Thanks

Comment

Here is another log file

Hi Phillippe,

Per your request here is another log file with all 3 debug options enabled in Squeezebox plug-in setup.

Thanks for your help.

RISquare

Comment

While LMS is sending an event that it has 2 players connected, you have Picacho3 (MAC 00:04:20:16:bc:e0), but Picacho1 is configured twice (MAC 00:04:20:16:a1:7a and 00:04:20:16:a1:b9). This is the reason that you see two Music setups for this player and does not propagate some events as hoped.

I suggest to edit the plugin ini file, remove the sections for these MAC entries (00:04:20:16:a1:7a and 00:04:20:16:a1:b9), track down where these two MAC addresses come from, check your LMS setup to ensure that Picacho1 is not connecting twice (Ethernet and WIFI for example or somehow two players with same name are connecting).

Comment

MAC addresses checked phantom not found. Problem persist.

Hi Phillippe,

Thanks for your continuous support. We are making progress and the other problem got resolved. I posted there.
                http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...74#post1148174

The problem subject to this thread still persist. In order to address your concerns I went to the Router's tables where all the MAC addresses of ALL devices connected to our local network are listed. I have about 150 devices each with unique MAC address.
                I found easily both legitimate players in the router's table

Picacho3 LAN 192.168.1.200 00:04:20:16:BC:E0
                Picacho1 LAN 192.168.1.211 00:04:20:16:A1:7A

The MAC address 00:04:20:16:a1:b9 of the phantom player that your plug-in finds is NOT listed anywhere in the router's table . It does not belong to our LAN.

I followed your instruction to delete the phantom player from your .ini file and it popped up immediately again, however this time it didn't hijack the name of the legitimate player Picacho1. It is with no name this time around. This resolved our other problem, however the problem subject to this thread still exist as described at the top of this thread. Although it is not a major issue and more of a hint I still see the foreign entities "macromark" and "snap-small" in my menus. Maybe the phantom player comes from the same place where "macromark" comes from.

Thanks again,

RI2

Comment

That 'phantom player' MAC address comes from LMS. Per the log it was a notification message from LMS specifying that player that triggered the plugin to add it.

Comment

Remaining open issue is the favorite navigation or the "garbage" entries?

Comment

Navigation to Favorites main concern

Navigation to favorites is the main issue.

I'm doing this for my wife and my kids to easily manage our home automation and music from series of iPads strategically spread on the walls around the house.
                      As it is right now it's easy for them to get lost. For example we have 4-5 favorite online radio stations. I can find them now by scrolling and browsing hundreds of stations and its a tough job. Meanwhile we have those memorized in our favorites and we find them easily in LMS as well as in another stand alone app for iPhone called "penguin".

It would be great if we can scroll to our favorites in the HS plug-in.

As far as the "phantom player" goes it doesn't show in LMS nor does it show in "penguin".

Thanks,

RI2
                      Last edited by risquare; December 4, 2014, 03:58 AM.

Comment

Found the "phantom" player

Hi Phillippe,

I took the issue very seriously and scanned my network with professional tools (nmap on Ubuntu) in pursuit of the phantom player. I found nothing on the local network where LMS is sitting.

I focused my attention on the LMS after that and I realized that LMS is finding a player called BigBear that is sitting in a vacation home far away on completely different network.
                        LMS found it because BigBear is connected to their service called mysqueezebox.com.
                        Sure enough the MAC address matched the MAC address of the "phantom player".

I'm not sure if LMS fails to pass the name or the plug-in fails to accept it, but if this player's name was properly passed to HS there would be no confusion. Furthermore, this would be a "feature" not a "bug" because my HS would be able to control remote players as well.

Regards,

RI2

Comment

Interesting! I am pretty sure the plugin will try to fetch the name; the logs should tell, but would need new ones were the two players do not overlap like in the first log you posted. If you enable all debugging options (debug, verbose, media api) and collect when the plugin connects to lms i can have a look this weekend. Also try to navigate to the favorites and want to have another look at this.

Comment

Deal

O.K. I will enable the debug functions and post the log per your request.
                            Meanwhile new problems emerged. I will post them separately under separate threads so that we kill them one at a time if possible.

RI2

Comment

here it is

Hi Philippe,

Here is the log per your request.

unfortunately the extra player did disappear from LMS server. Naturally the plug-in didn't find it and didn't import it in HS. So I have only 2 players in HS now. I don't know what happened and why it doesn't show as it used to. Now LMS doesn't show mysqueezebox as a source for players as it did before. So we have to postpone the first part of your analysis.

As far as "favorites" go I did several attempts to get to the "favorites" and it is all logged. So I hope that you will have plenty information to analyze.
                              Actually there is only one path to favorites.

Genres --> LMS Favorites --> (multiple options here same outcome) --> final stage 2 options here:

All tracks
                              On mysqueezebox

both lead to nowhere.

Please note that LMS does not have its own "favorites" feature. It is getting the favorites from mysqueezebox.

When I was going trough the menus I constantly stumbled upon the "garbage" a.k.a. "makromark" and "snap-small". You may see these entities in the log as well and may get an idea how to clean them. As I said before my main objective is to get "favorires" working, but if you manage to clean the garbage it will be even better.

Thanks for your support,

RI2

Comment

Working...
                              X