Wink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wink

Anyone successful at tying this into homeseer? Amazon has the hub for $35 today.

So it looks like the wink hub can be hacked then controlled over a local network and someone has integrated it with openhab using http get commands. Here's the link to their work if anyone had a wink hub and wants to check it out:
    https://electronichamsters.wordpress...local-control/

Comment

Very nice.

Wink hub? Same problem as the SmartThings hub (cloud required). That is, until I ran into this and this. So now you can root the hub, and have a means of controlling connected bulbs locally, without haivng to go through Wink’s servers. Since I already have so much stuff integrated with OpenHAB, I wanted to do local control via OpenHAB. And I really don’t like having to depend on the internet to control lights.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I was really disappointed with what sensors work without plugging the device into power.

Once homeseer gets IFTTT, there will be a whole new world.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
          Very nice.

Pretty cool. Just need to substitute openHAB for homeseer; well, unless you are running openHAB.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
          Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
          Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Looks complicated. I simply use HS3 to control my lights. No need to hack this and that. No reason to spend more money on other hardware
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Just need to substitute openHAB for homeseer
              You can run both at the same time..."push the RPi envelope"

Here running OpenHab doing some baby steps with it and Homeseer and ....

It runs quick on the 64bit Ubuntu box.

You could overclock the Zee and maybe run it concurrent with Homeseer. I already have a wireless stick on it. Not sure what it'll do the the OS though. That and OpenHab is free and the Wink is almost free nowadays.

Yeah personally like to tinker and hack this and that...keeps the clicker bicker ticking.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                Looks complicated. I simply use HS3 to control my lights. No need to hack this and that. No reason to spend more money on other hardware
                Those zigbee link LED lights (that are pictured in the photo Pete attached) are the best value in controllable lights right now IMHO. $20 for a PAR30 LED that is also individually addressable is a screaming good deal. So good I bought 8. The A19 Link bulbs are $15. The bulbs are really nice, they have a great color temp, no flicker, and look cool in the ceiling cans to boot. They dim really smoothly with my UPB US2-40 dimmer. These bulbs are so good and cheap that they are better value than non-smart bulbs. Though the looks are a bit contentious. Another bonus is I can drive to the home depot around the corner to get more whenever I want.

I wish it was easy to add them to HS3. There is no equivalent that can be added to HS3. There is a $50-60 z-wave bulb-but it is A19, not BR30. It would not look right in the ceiling cans. Plus an extra $30/bulb is pretty hefty.

These Link bulbs are controllable by the wink Hub, and the smartthings hub directly. Smartthings evidently added them directly to their hub without requiring the wink hub. So it is possible to be done with the right receiver. Would be nice if HST came up with a way to add these to homeseer.

Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue

Comment

The GE Link bulbs are supported by the Smartenit Harmony Gateway which has an open API. Should be relatively easy for someone to create a plugin . Blade, UJ, spud, anyone?

The Smartenit Gateways also support Insteon and X-10 along with Zigbee and there are some new models that also support Wi-Fi.

Cheers
                  Al
                  HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                  Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thanks for that link. The Smatenit looks like a great fit with HS. I would be interested in a plugin for this.

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
                      Those zigbee link LED lights (that are pictured in the photo Pete attached) are the best value in controllable lights right now IMHO. $20 for a PAR30 LED that is also individually addressable is a screaming good deal. So good I bought 8. The A19 Link bulbs are $15. The bulbs are really nice, they have a great color temp, no flicker, and look cool in the ceiling cans to boot. They dim really smoothly with my UPB US2-40 dimmer. These bulbs are so good and cheap that they are better value than non-smart bulbs. Though the looks are a bit contentious. Another bonus is I can drive to the home depot around the corner to get more whenever I want.

I wish it was easy to add them to HS3. There is no equivalent that can be added to HS3. There is a $50-60 z-wave bulb-but it is A19, not BR30. It would not look right in the ceiling cans. Plus an extra $30/bulb is pretty hefty.

These Link bulbs are controllable by the wink Hub, and the smartthings hub directly. Smartthings evidently added them directly to their hub without requiring the wink hub. So it is possible to be done with the right receiver. Would be nice if HST came up with a way to add these to homeseer.
                      Good point. I'm really surprised at this point that no one has built a ZigBee plugin for HS3.

Comment

I'm currently using a set of Tasker scripts to control my Wink Hub (only have a few ge link bulbs but they are hella cheap compared to other stuff on the market).

I unfortunately don't know enough about scripting to make use of it in HS but someone else might be able to.

https://plus.google.com/107992725422...ts/QiFFiN819Pn

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                          Good point. I'm really surprised at this point that no one has built a ZigBee plugin for HS3.
                          We're working on it Greg but let me tell you, it's not trivial!

Comment

out of curiosity I took a look around for Zigbee API's and the likes and can see your frustration and why no one has taken it on, every different device handles communication differently, the only thing that seems to be 'standard' is the communication between the Zigbee controllers and devices, but communicating with the controllers seems to change on a whim based on who created it and what mood they were in.
                            HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by rmiles7721 View Post
                              I'm currently using a set of Tasker scripts to control my Wink Hub (only have a few ge link bulbs but they are hella cheap compared to other stuff on the market).

I unfortunately don't know enough about scripting to make use of it in HS but someone else might be able to.

https://plus.google.com/107992725422...ts/QiFFiN819Pn

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Not sure if you are aware that those GE link bulbs can be controlled by the HUE hub. The JowiHue plugin has added support for the bulbs too. I've been testing for a few weeks and so far so good. I'm glad HS is working on zigbee now. It seems like an important protocol.

Comment

Working...
                              X