My Home Automation Backboard Project 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Home Automation Backboard Project 2015

I decided to upgrade my home automation backboard over the holiday break. I ended up removing the original 4' x 4' plywood backboard (http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=135635) and installed a 6' x 4' plywood backboard along with a 4' x 2' backboard on the side wall. My goal was to get all the equipment in a locked cabinet. I was expecting the project to take 1 week. It ended up taking 4 weeks

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ultrajones; January 18, 2015, 09:06 PM.
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Birch wood? I noticed some type of paneling towards the bottom. Are you planning on covering the wood?

Funny how you can set a reasonable time frame to complete a project only to rediscover that always takes much longer. Anyway, looks good. Curious, what are the two black boxes lower right?

Comment

Originally posted by Krameduoh View Post
      Birch wood? I noticed some type of paneling towards the bottom. Are you planning on covering the wood?

Funny how you can set a reasonable time frame to complete a project only to rediscover that always takes much longer. Anyway, looks good. Curious, what are the two black boxes lower right?
      I used a Home Depot sanded 8' x 4' plywood that was cut into 2 - 2' x 3' with a 2' x 4' left over. The paneling is actually Gladiator GarageWorks panels purchased from Lowes and the 2 boxes are Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) purchased from Costco.

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Nice job! Can we see a pic with the cabinets open?
        Bryan
        Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
        Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

very nice work. looks great. Any pic of the inside cabinets setup.
          I'm redoing part of a closet to be for the security alarm panel and security camera setup. Setup will be smaller than yours but I know planning the layout for a neat & tidy look like you have will take time
          Tom
          baby steps...starting again with HS3
          HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
          HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
          Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
          In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
          System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Looks very nice and clean. Feels good to get it all organized, doesn't it?
            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
              the 2 boxes are Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) purchased from Costco.

Regards,
              Ultrajones
              Are those the Cyberpower 1400va units?
              Tom
              baby steps...starting again with HS3
              HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
              HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
              Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
              In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
              System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Nice job. Almost too nice . Can we see what's in your cans or is it stuffed in so tight you might not get the doors closed again

Comment

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
                  Are those the Cyberpower 1400va units?
                  They are CyberPower 1350va 810 watts model number CST1300AL.

Regards,
                  Ultrajones

Comment

Originally posted by mbdirtfarmer View Post
                    Nice job. Almost too nice . Can we see what's in your cans or is it stuffed in so tight you might not get the doors closed again
                    Thank you I'll update the original post with the pictures.

Comment

Question about mounting Elk products in other Leviton Enclosures

Elk runs a different hole pattern and I think somewhere I seen you running Elk Universal Rails. Are these the best method you found to mount Elk products or have you tried the various multi adapter plates?

Whats your experience here?

Thanks

Charlie
                      HSPro: 3.0.0.194
                      PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
                      HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

Great! Now you're making me feel like a slob. Well done! Home Automation is a hobby, when we start trying to make everything look pretty then it becomes more of a chore/job....

I'll have to think about this as you're certainly right to do it this way. Thanks!
                        HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Working...
                        X