Device History Plug-In Beta Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Device History Plug-In Beta Testing

This holiday season while I was away, I was looking for a way to easily see that all my events were working properly and that my house sitter was letting the dogs out on time, etc. Trolling through log files wasn't really cutting it for me, so I built the Device History Plug-in to track device value changes over time and display the results.

I've been using it for a couple months at home, tweaking the graphing and tables of data, etc. but would love to have some feedback before I put this in the store.

*** Official Store Release Version 1.0.0 *** - 5/13/2015

Buy Now!

*** RC2 - VERSION 0.9.6 *** - 4/25/2015

Change Log
    • Added default settings for chart display size (existing settings will remain for actual generated size)
    • Added default setting for line width
    • Added option to specify LineWidth in JSON object
    • Added optional chart height and width parameters to CreateChartByDays and CreateChartByDate functions
    • Added chart height and width parameters to "Create Chart" event
    • Added "Height" and "Width" parameters to JSON object

• Charts generated from the "Chart" page will be rendered in the display size setting chosen on the "Config" page, with a click-through to a chart rendered in the actual size setting chosen on the "Config" page.
    • All function/script methods to generate charts will create charts based on the actual size setting chosen on the "Config" page unless overridden in the method parameters.
    • Charts generated directly by an HS3 event will be created using the specified size.

• Expires 5/15/2015

*** RC1 - VERSION 0.9.5 *** - 4/1/2015

Change Log
    • Added choice of "Date Range" or "Last N Periods" for specifying duration
    • Added new config options to specify default duration type, time periods and time period type for devices without previously charted/saved settings
    • Added config option to specify chart height and width
    • Added hyperlink to chart image to click through for chart-only view
    • Added new function CreateChartEx(ref, JSON chart parameters, Y1 list, Y2 list) to allow specifying many additional properties of the chart - see documentation for details

• Expires 4/30/2015

*** UPDATED VERSION 0.9.4 *** - 3/22/2015

Change Log
    • Added chart options for Step vs. Line chart and to show/hide markers
    • Added config options for default style and show/hide markers settings
    • Added the ability to add multiple devices to the graph using the same or a secondary Y axis
    • Updated "Create Chart" event to allow specifying style and Y1/Y2 devices (may break existing events - sorry, beta casualties!)
    • Updated CreateChartByDate and CreateChartByDays to add optional parameters to allow specifying style and Y1/Y2 devices (may break existing scripts…)
    • Changed all input parameters to CreateChartByDate and CreateChartByDays to string (may break existing scripts…)

• Fixed "Generate Chart" action to actually generate charts (really this time!)

• Expires 4/30/2015

*** UPDATED VERSION 0.9.3 *** - 3/11/2015

Change Log
    • Added sort buttons to Frequency and Duration tables
    • Added new "Clean Orphaned History" button to options page
    • Added new "Clean Orphaned History" action to event options for recurring maintenance
    • Added "last N days|weeks|months|years" input to "Generate Chart" action
    • Added chart title to generated image
    • Changed layout of chart page to make better use of space
    • Changed "Value Table Height" option from pixels to rows
    • Improved logging to include class name in HS log, added more startup logging, and switched to basic HS log methods for cosmetic reasons due to HS3 defects with advanced log methods. Note that some TRACE lines will be colored red erroneously because they contain the word "error".
    • Changed "Value Table Sort" option to a two-part selection (0.9.2 users will need to re-select their preferred defaults)

• Fixed problem where chart page failed to render when no monitored devices are configured
    • Fixed HTML rendering on config page for Linux-based servers
    • Fixed "Generate Chart" action to actually generate charts

• Expires 4/15/2015

*** UPDATED VERSION 0.9.2 *** - 3/3/2015

Change Log
    • Fixed Value Table to use locale-based date and time settings
    • Sorted Location dropdown on Config page
    • Sorted list of Monitored devices on Config page
    • Fixed installation issues with updater_override.txt file

• Added sorting capabilities to all columns of the Value History table
    • Added option to set the default sort for the Value History table
    • Added option to set a fixed height for the Value History table (0 = no limit, otherwise scrollbars will be added if needed)

• Expires 3/31/2015

*** UPDATED VERSION 0.9.1 *** - 2/28/2015

Change Log
    • Changed device display to include Location + Name
    • Device list on Chart page is now sorted by name
    • Added an action to allow scheduling a purge for records older than the specified number of days
    • Added option to perform a manual "Purge Now"
    • Added Plugin Functions "CreateChartByDate (Integer Ref, Date From, Date To) and "CreateChartByDays (Integer Ref, Integer Days")
    • Added fixed height and vertical scrollbars to the frequency and duration tables
    • Updated version numbering syntax (removed the extra zero at the front)
    • Reworked data retrieval to handle new devices, reporting periods with no changes, and to limit the data to specifically from the start date through the end date (no longer counts from previous change date, but rather from midnight of the reporting period)

• Fixed DLL reference issues on Linux
    • Fixed path conversion on Linux
    • Fixed summary table to display current values when no values are present in database
    • Fixed chart page to show summary table when no value status pair definitions are present (treated as numeric range data)
    • Fixed value history table to properly show days when a duration exceeds 24 hours
    • Frequency and Duration tables now sort by frequency and duration

• Expires 3/31/2015

*** INITIAL RELEASE 0.9.0 *** - 2/15/2015

The installation will place documentation for this plugin in your Docs folder.

FYI, this build will expire on 3/1/2015. Future beta builds will extend this as long as you update, until it goes to the HS Store.

Any and all feedback, suggestions or issue reports to this thread are appreciated!
    Last edited by shill; January 16, 2017, 07:19 PM.

This is really cool.....

Is there a way to store the charts periodicly, to use them in HStouch?

Thanks,
    Regards,

Rien du Pre
    The Netherlands
    Using:
    Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
    Plugin's:
    RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Thanks - that's an excellent suggestion. I'll add an action so you can create an event to do just that...

Comment

Can't get the zip file to download with FireFox. I get an error.
        Also the http address, when I hover over the link, doesn't look right.
        This is what I get -
        Code:
        http://www."https.com//home.steveandkristie.com/skware/homeseer/plugins/DeviceHistory/files/HSPI_SKWARE_DEVICE_HISTORY_0_0_9_0.zip
        Thanks,
        Tim
        FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capt-Tim/209398425902188

HSTouch Layouts - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5902188&type=3

Comment

Fixed it - thanks for catching that.

Originally posted by fungun View Post
          Can't get the zip file to download with FireFox. I get an error.
          Also the http address, when I hover over the link, doesn't look right.
          This is what I get -
          Code:
          http://www."https.com//home.steveandkristie.com/skware/homeseer/plugins/DeviceHistory/files/HSPI_SKWARE_DEVICE_HISTORY_0_0_9_0.zip
          Thanks,
          Tim

Comment

I cant seem to get the updater-override txt to download

Looks pretty cool would love to give it a try

Cheers Ken

I right clicked on save link and it gave me the file but when trying to update the listing it gives me this error

Please wait for the updater control file failed to be downloaded or parsed.
            Last edited by kenrad; February 17, 2015, 05:35 PM. Reason: more info
            HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

It does look like I copied the wrong file out to my web server, but the problem it would have given you would have been with the install. I updated it with the right one, so maybe there's something else I missed and hopefully you'll have better luck with that one.

Originally posted by kenrad View Post
              I cant seem to get the updater-override txt to download

Looks pretty cool would love to give it a try

Cheers Ken

I right clicked on save link and it gave me the file but when trying to update the listing it gives me this error

Comment

There are a couple of things wrong with the instal files.

The updater-override.txt is set to be viewed and not downloaded so you have to copy the text in to a new file.

The instal fails because the zip file is called HSPI_SKWARE_DEVICE_HISTORY_0_0_9_0.zip and the updater-override.txt is looking for HSPI_DEVICE_HISTORY_0_0_9_0.zip the Skware needs added.

Greig.
                Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
                Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                Scripts =
                Various

Comment

To download it, right-click and "Save As" to prevent your browser from opening it for viewing. The Zip file name issue is what I referenced above and should already be fixed. If "Save As" is used, it should get the latest. If you click on it, it might be in your browser's cache, so a Ctrl+F5 refresh may be needed to see the latest.

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
                  There are a couple of things wrong with the instal files.

The updater-override.txt is set to be viewed and not downloaded so you have to copy the text in to a new file.

The instal fails because the zip file is called HSPI_SKWARE_DEVICE_HISTORY_0_0_9_0.zip and the updater-override.txt is looking for HSPI_DEVICE_HISTORY_0_0_9_0.zip the Skware needs added.

Greig.

Comment

Still not having any luck installing. After making the above noted changes, it still fails to install.
                    Attached Files
                    Mike

Comment

I am still getting this when trying to install

HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Argh! I never would have guessed the biggest problem was with these two text files The issue appears to be a failure to do a local copy, even though I had the option for "non fatal local copy" turned on, so I removed that line from the install. Please download a new zip file and give it another shot.

Originally posted by mwaite View Post
                        Still not having any luck installing. After making the above noted changes, it still fails to install.

Comment

Hmmm... If you replace both the zip and the txt file and restart HS, then go to the manage plugins page, does the progress bar above "Additional Interfaces" cycle through to 100%?

Originally posted by kenrad View Post
                          I am still getting this when trying to install

Comment

It installed, thanks. Off to try it out...
                            Mike

Comment

Ok got the updateer txt to work but now this error in the log

Feb-17 5:41:08 PM Updater Install/Update of package Device History failed.
                              Feb-17 5:41:08 PM Updater Error Installation of package Device History failed. The installation file 'HSPI_DEVICE_HISTORY_0_0_9_0.zip' does not exist. Please retry download.
                              Feb-17 5:41:08 PM Updater Installing package Device History
                              Feb-17 5:41:08 PM Updater Using local file: HSPI_DEVICE_HISTORY_0_0_9_0.zip
                              Feb-17 5:41:08 PM Updater Downloading update: Device History
                              Feb-17 5:41:08 PM Updater Starting download of updates

Comment

Working...
                              X