No announcement yet.

Best Z-Wave Thermostat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can set events based on everything you see here.

And other events can set anything with the control action on right.

Simple, yet works
    Attached Files

Comment

I've have the first generation Trane in my second home and it has worked great without any problems for several years now. I need to get 4 thermostats for my new place and not looking to spend a fortune so I'm returning to these Trane's.

So whats the difference between the Trane XR524 and XL624 ? I can see the XL624 has humidity, does the XR524? Any other difference. Couldn't tell right off hand looking at product page.
      Tom
      baby steps...starting again with HS3
      HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
      HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
      Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
      In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
      System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Originally posted by 519zwave View Post
        I can set events based on everything you see here.

And other events can set anything with the control action on right.

Simple, yet works
        Thanks... that is what I was looking for the "Heating" operation state. So when the T-stat calls for heat or cool this is set? I assume goes from off - heating / ac?
        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
          Thanks... that is what I was looking for the "Heating" operation state - Which I assume goes from off - heating / ac?
          Yes, all 3 plus "Auto" as well

Comment

Called nexia folks and the difference between trane XR and XL models humidity sensor. The price difference is about $25-30. Also there's a lot more info about XR version on the net if you ever needed to troubleshoot but being a Trane you should never need too :-)

Sent from my iPhone
            Tom

Comment

Originally posted by jbbtex View Post
              I have two of these: http://store.homeseer.com/store/Hone...-P1152C38.aspx

They work quite well.
              I have two of these as well. I agree, very nice integration with HS.
              Mike

Comment

Do these have humidity sensor?

Originally posted by mwaite View Post
                I have two of these as well. I agree, very nice integration with HS.

Sent from my iPhone
                Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Tymon View Post
                  I am looking at getting a new Z-Wave thermostat.

What is the best thermostat with the best HS integration?

Thanks!
                  Lots of options actually. Our favorite at the moment is the GoControl TBZ48. Unlike the 2GIG CT100, this unit reports changing operating state back to HomeSeer immediately. It's also dual powered (like the CT100), so it will run on batteries alone or on the C-Wire. These units are made by RCS and have tons of parameters that can be set too. RCS has been making communicating thermostats longer than just about any other company.
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
                    Do these have humidity sensor?
                    No humidity

Here's what's available:
                    Attached Files
                    Mike

Comment

I might be late to this thread, but I can chime in and recommend Honeywell's Z-Wave thermostat. We have three installed over two houses. They report instant status, and have been rock solid.

Important for us, they support dual stage heating and cooling.

Easily pairs with HomeSeer. With the instant status, I track air and heat run times.

Comment

Originally posted by mwaite View Post
                        No humidity

Here's what's available:
                        I can live without humidity, as I've some mulitsensor devices that have that. Still I've never really used it.

Originally posted by mikedr View Post
                        I might be late to this thread, but I can chime in and recommend Honeywell's Z-Wave thermostat. We have three installed over two houses. They report instant status, and have been rock solid.

Important for us, they support dual stage heating and cooling.

Easily pairs with HomeSeer. With the instant status, I track air and heat run times.
                        I read one of your earlier post here and so am down to honeywell and trane right now. My experience with Honeywell products have been very positive as they almost always build solid products.
                        Tom

Comment

My issue with the Honeywell stats is that they look very dated... too much plastic frame for my liking. And green screen really??...
                          From what I have read about the Trane stats, they seem to be 100% as well. Just got to figure out where I can get one at a decent price up here in Canada.
                          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                            ave read about the Trane stats, they seem to be 100% as well. Just got to figure out where I can get one at a decent price up here in Canada.
                            Perhaps a dealer will send you out one?

Comment

Does the Honeywell require manual interaction after power loss to get it working again with HS?

I read in older articles that z-wave stop responding until the date/time is reset on the Honeywell thermostat after a power loss.

Comment

Originally posted by FLtechie View Post
                                Does the Honeywell require manual interaction after power loss to get it working again with HS?

I read in older articles that z-wave stop responding until the date/time is reset on the Honeywell thermostat after a power loss.
                                I can confirm that it does NOT. When power is lost and then reapplied, z-wave automatically comes back online and it connects with HS3.

In theory, the thermostat has a battery backup for the date/time. But on at least one of mine, unless the battery is seated perfectly correctly, when power comes back, it needs the date/time to be reset. Even then, though, z-wave automatically comes back online for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X