This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS2 HSTouch Sound...

I really don't know if this is a HST plug-in or HST client issue. I recently moved my HS2 system to a relatively new 64-bit Win 8.1 PC. Since moving, I have been having sound issues. Currently, I can get HS2 server sound via the local speaker.exe and over my whole house speakers via BLSpeech plug-in. Additionally, Windows sound (Media Player, etc). works fine on the HS2 server. All these are configured to use the MS David voice via the Control Panel default speech configuration panel (I assume 64 bit). However, I get no sound on my HST remote PC's with this configuration. Further I do NOT see any new speakwav.wav files in the HSTouch directory on the remote PCs, so I assume they are not making their way from the server, if the plug-in is even creating them. All other HST functions (lights, etc.) work fine. Just no sound.

This is a change in configuration from the one I was using on the 18th when I changed to the MS David voice from the HS Kate-Paul voices I had installed on the HS2 server. That is also the date of the last speakwav.wav file on the HSTouch clients. In the HS Kate-Paul configuration my problem was just the opposite. I could get my HST Clients to work fine, but could NOT get any HS2 server local sound, and trying to use a speak proxy (BLSpeech) would hang all sound and would require a HS2 restart to get the HST client sound back.

I have a feeling this is related to the 32 vs 64 bit issue in some way but have no idea how to fix the issue. I would prefer the 32 bit Kate-Paul voices, which I have now uninstalled on my HS2 server but am good with the MS David voice if I can get it to work with my HST clients.

Anyone have ANY insight on this? Ideas greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Gary

Update..

I tried installing HS Speaker app on one of my remote PCs (that has HST client) to see if I could get sound that way. I could not.

Gary

Comment

... and the testing goes on.

At this point, in incremental steps, I have tested using updated MB firmware, disabled the on MB sound, uninstalled the MB audio drivers and am running now with a C-Media USB sound device. While the server Windows and HS2 sound continues to work fine I am still not able to get any sound communicated to HST clients. At this point I am convinced the problem is local to HS2/HST Server.

Comment

Solution (I think...)

If anyone is interested...
        http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1164522

Gary

Comment

Working...
        X