Zwave Vera Master & HS3 Secondary help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zwave Vera Master & HS3 Secondary help

As I am new to hs3 and trying it out, how would it be possible to include hs3 as a secondary controller to vera3 with ui7. I would like to control devices from hs3 and vera. I do understand the vera3 would be primary for adding/removing my nodes.
    As far as I got was to replicated the devices from vera, but it gave me an error that it cast understand the nodes found. The descriptions were there and there was no device control-ON or OFF device.

As a substitude currently I am issuing get.URL scripts issuing the command to vera to run device or scene. But would like the Dimming portion to be easier.
    Thanks

Anybody, i still cant figure it out.

Comment

I can't help except to say as a previous Vera user (I switched in May), ditch the Vera, buy HS and a Z-Net and enjoy how much more responsive it is.

For example, with my Vera the foyer light would turn on when unlocking the door with a pin. The light would take multiple seconds to turn on. With HS it is on before the door opens. It freaked me out the first few times and I thought the foyer light was already on, but nope, its just that fast (I tested it).

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Comment

any other ideas?

Comment

Hi.

I don't understand your error but it should be possible.

Have your tried "Import Node Info from controller and scan devices"? If the Z-Waves devices are on the stick that will learn Homeseer about them.

I think you will need to tell more about your setup and what you tried to get any meaningful help here.

Regards
          Morten

Comment

see http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1021471 which provides the basic principles.

However, once the z-stick is added in HS3, from action select Import Node Info from controller and scan devices and in Vera UI7 add a generic Device.

As far as I am aware, you will not be able to manage locks.

Comment

I would 2nd sirmeili advice. I also made the switch from Vera, and while HS3 is not perfect, it is MUCH better than Vera, in almost every situation.

Purchase the Z-NET and slowly make the switch..
              RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Working...
              X