• Show
Clear All

HS2 Pro with Windows10

I have HSPRO 2, will it work on Windows10. Now running on Windows7
    Thanks

Originally posted by renaatdb View Post
    I have HSPRO 2, will it work on Windows10. Now running on Windows7
    Thanks
    I think it probably will work very happily in Windows 10. I have just discovered that my old XP Pro programmes that would not work in Windows 8 work perfectly in Windows 10.

When you look at Windows 10 it is like a modern version of XP Pro.
    sigpic
    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

So it is , HS2 PRO is happy in Windows 10.
      Everyting is working fine.
      Regards
      renaatdb

Comment

Originally posted by renaatdb View Post
        So it is , HS2 PRO is happy in Windows 10.
        Everyting is working fine.
        Regards
        renaatdb
        Are you asking a question or making a statement?

It should work as Windows 10 is basically Windows XP Pro with enhancements from 7, 8 and 8.1

Wonder what happened to Windows 9!

Remember all our ATM's run XP as does much of the financial worlds so it makes sense Windows 10 is basically XP as MS still have to support the commercial version of XP

I have it installed on one computer, it is brilliant. Not yet tried, nor sure if I can upgrade my HS Machine running XP Pro as support was discontinued.
        sigpic
        A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Been on Win 10 for a couple days. The only issue is that the voice for speech to text changed (easy change back), all else seems fine

Comment

Originally posted by Gogs View Post
            Wonder what happened to Windows 9!
            It is an interesting story that I heard from someone who should know the real answer.

Windows has always had two ways of identifying versions a name and a version number.

Windows 3.1, 95, 98 and ME were basically on the 16-bit MS-DOS kernel. The real version numbers for windows 95 and 98 were 4.00 and 4.10 respectively. Since they were both based on the same MS-DOS kernel he drivers were all the same.

As 95 and 98 were developed the NT 32-bit kernel was developed as an offshoot (originally a rewrite) of the IBM OS/2 operating system.

ME was the last 16-bit and every O/S since then has been built on an NT kernel and nomenclature. Windows 2000 was NT 5.00 XP was NT 5.10. Even the 64-bit versions carried the same NT numbering scheme with Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1 being NT 6.0, 6.1, 6.2 and 6.3 respectively.

During this process software developers and driver developers took shortcuts and referred to Windows 95 and 98 collectively as windows 9X or ever worse as Windows 9* (* being a wildcard).

Along comes the jump to the successor to windows 8.1 and early on they found all kinds of problems. Software that wouldn't run on Windows 95 or 98 also wouldn't run on windows 9 because it was misidentified as the earlier version. Drivers might misidentify Windows 9 as 95 or 98.

It was decided that the cleaner approach was to completely jump both the O/S street name as well as the version so that they skipped 9(anything) and they were in sync.

Windows 10 is version number NT 10.0.
            Last edited by randy; August 10, 2015, 01:12 PM.
            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I saw a similar account a while ago, but not nearly as detailed. Kind of arcane, but interesting background nonetheless. Thanks.
              Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
              HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

We are so screwed at Windows 100 then.

Originally posted by rprade View Post

During this process software developers and driver developers took shortcuts and referred to Windows 95 and 98 collectively as windows 9X or ever worse as Windows 9* (* being a wildcard).

Along comes the jump to the successor to windows 8.1 and early on they found all kinds of problems. Software that wouldn't run on Windows 95 or 98 also wouldn't run on windows 9 because it was misidentified as the earlier version. Drivers might misidentify Windows 9 as 95 or 98.

It was decided that the cleaner approach was to completely jump both the O/S street name as well as the version so that they skipped 9(anything) and they were in sync.

Windows 10 is version number NT 10.0.

~Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Brower View Post
                  We are so screwed at Windows 100 then.
                  Since it took 20+ years to get to 10, I'm not sure I will be here in 180 years to see what happens. Even at a version a year...

Plus, if we are worried about how invasive Windows 10 is, I shudder at the thought of neural interfaces.
                  HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
                  X