X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 Beta 3.0.0.218

Changes in this version:

* Fixes for voice recognition
    * Fixed events going out of order (problem on Linux based systems only)
    * Added config option to disable energy logging and graphing (app restart required)
    * Added option to disable the device status page

NOTE: The Device Status page is disabled by default so if you use this feature you need to go into setup and enable it from the Custom tab

As with any Beta, make sure you back up system first!

Software installer:
    http://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupHS3_3_0_0_218.exe

note: The Windows version will display 3.0.0.217 on startup... an oversight.

For Zee, Zee S2 and SEL systems, you can update using the SSH method.

For standard Linux users, tar file is here:
    http://homeseer.com/updates3/hs3_linux_3_0_0_218.tar.gz
    Last edited by macromark; November 13, 2015, 05:13 PM.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

The new features you mention are there however the version number still reports 3.0.0.217.

Nice to see the option to switch off energy logging / charting although personally I would like to have seen the "energy recording" problems fixed in the Z-Wave plug-in and an option added to that same plug-in to choose which devices are logged.

I use the energy recording here via the scripting functions and it works 100% reliably. It's just the many Z-Wave devices I have that clog up the database with 000's of useless records, not to mention the duplicates.

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
      The new features you mention are there however the version number still reports 3.0.0.217.
      Yup. I noticed that too. Rich forgot to update the version number before doing the build.

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post

Nice to see the option to switch off energy logging / charting although personally I would like to have seen the "energy recording" problems fixed in the Z-Wave plug-in and an option added to that same plug-in to choose which devices are logged.

I use the energy recording here via the scripting functions and it works 100% reliably. It's just the many Z-Wave devices I have that clog up the database with 000's of useless records, not to mention the duplicates.

Paul..
        Agreed. Can you share the "scripting method" you use

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
        RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
          Agreed. Can you share the "scripting method" you use

If you open HS3 help then go to Scripting>Devices>Device Energy Management you will find all the info on how to use the energy functions.

I have a couple of non Z-Wave devices that store accumulated energy data and I'm using these functions in a script to store that data to the energy database.

I'm also using another script to clear out all the crap that the Z-Wave plug-in puts into the database. I have reported issues with duplicate Z-Wave energy device values being written to the database many times, here on the forum, on bugzilla and directly to Rich via email but the problems persist as of Z-Wave 3.0.1.44.

IMO a database and the resulting chart(s) that is full of duplicate records is nothing short of useless.

Paul..

Comment

Thanks.

Yep I keep getting negative entries that I can't seem to remove from the database.

RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
              Thanks.

Yep I keep getting negative entries that I can't seem to remove from the database.

Oh yes, I forgot about the negative entries. I just remove everything <=0. I can't see the point in storing 000's of zero value records. They have no bearing on chart output.

I'm a little hesitant to post anything on the forum that could potentially delete someone's data but if you want my energy db clean up script, then drop me an email.

Paul..

Comment

I just installed .218
                I'm very glad the issue "events going out of order" is now fixed.
                Thanks!

Comment

Updated RPi2 and HS3 Pro on Ubuntu to V.218 on November 14, 2015

So far everything looks OK that I can see. Previous issue of slow page refresh times appears better now.

Current Date/Time: 11/16/2015 7:04:05 AM
                  HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.218
                  Linux version: Linux ICS-RPi2-Zee 4.1.7-v7+ #817 SMP PREEMPT Sat Sep 19 15:32:00 BST 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 1

Current Date/Time: 11/16/2015 7:05:01 AM
                  HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.218
                  Linux version: Linux ics-HS3 3.16.0-53-generic #72~14.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Fri Nov 6 18:17:23 UTC 2015 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
                  - Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                  Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                  HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                  HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I hope I am not speaking too soon, but HSTouch is night and day better! Might be back to where it was. . .before .208 update. . .plugins were already most recent (ZWave and HSTouch).

PebSeer is still broken. . .not sure what changed since it was working with JSON since HS3 .19x

Ugh. Second connection attempt with HSTouch3 on my iPhone5 bombed. . .loaded, but no devices found.

Third attempt loaded. . .closed and restarted. . .HSTouch unable to connect message. . .leave app, return, try to tap, app crash. . .

Next opened fine. . .iphone went to sleep, tried to connect again. . .stuck at connecting. . .then HSToucn is unable to connect??

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                    Changes in this version:

* Fixes for voice recognition
                    * Fixed events going out of order (problem on Linux based systems only)
                    * Added config option to disable energy logging and graphing (app restart required)
                    * Added option to disable the device status page

NOTE: The Device Status page is disabled by default so if you use this feature you need to go into setup and enable it from the Custom tab

As with any Beta, make sure you back up system first!

Software installer:
                    http://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupHS3_3_0_0_218.exe

note: The Windows version will display 3.0.0.217 on startup... an oversight.

For Zee, Zee S2 and SEL systems, you can update using the SSH method.

For standard Linux users, tar file is here:
                    http://homeseer.com/updates3/hs3_linux_3_0_0_218.tar.gz

Comment

What has changed regarding the JSON interface ?

Comment

I upgraded to this beta and I'm not sure if this is just a coincidence, but now, when I use the HS touch app, I say a command and if it's a valid one, it says, "Cancelled". If I say something that I would expect a non-recognized command, it responds correctly with, "I don't understand". My question is, has anyone experienced this? I worked fine before the upgrade and how can I fix it? Everything else works perfectly. This is the only thing that doesn't seem to be working right.

Comment

What version were you on before? We did make some VR changes, but I think they were in build 208.

Check the HS log and it should log what it thought it heard.

Originally posted by rweber93 View Post
                          I upgraded to this beta and I'm not sure if this is just a coincidence, but now, when I use the HS touch app, I say a command and if it's a valid one, it says, "Cancelled". If I say something that I would expect a non-recognized command, it responds correctly with, "I don't understand". My question is, has anyone experienced this? I worked fine before the upgrade and how can I fix it? Everything else works perfectly. This is the only thing that doesn't seem to be working right.

Comment

Here is what the log says:

Dec-07 9:04:04 PM TTS Speak: (HomeSeer:Android):cancelled
                            Dec-07 9:04:04 PM Sonos SpeakIn called for Device = 100, Text = cancelled, Wait=True, Host = HomeSeer:Android
                            Dec-07 9:04:04 PM RecognizeRaw what is the time Parsed:what is the time

Comment

Looks like Sonos got involved in the speech, can you disable the Sonos plugin and see if then works?

Originally posted by rweber93 View Post
                              Here is what the log says:

Dec-07 9:04:04 PM TTS Speak: (HomeSeer:Android):cancelled
                              Dec-07 9:04:04 PM Sonos SpeakIn called for Device = 100, Text = cancelled, Wait=True, Host = HomeSeer:Android
                              Dec-07 9:04:04 PM RecognizeRaw what is the time Parsed:what is the time

Comment

Working...
                              X