CumulusMX - RPi2 - Guages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CumulusMX - RPi2 - Guages

Just a quickie post here relating to CumulusMX which is now running here on an RPi2 and the gauges utilized.

Sandaysoft

Sandaysoft is the home of Cumulus, free software for your personal weather station. We are located on the island of Sanday, in Orkney, off the north coast of Scotland in the UK. Cumulus is donationware. If you like the software and find it useful, please consider making a contribution towards the continuing development of Cumulus. I rely on your donations to allow me to buy the software that I need to continue improving Cumulus. Donations received go towards software development, either towards the cost of new development tools and components, or the cost of hosting this site. I don’t make a profit from Sandaysoft – I have a full-time job and Sandaysoft is what I do in my spare time.

Cumulus runs on Microsoft Windows, and works with weather stations such as the Davis Vantage Pro (VP) and Vantage Pro2 (VP2), Oregon Scientific WM918, WMR918, WMR928 and WMR968, and stations which use the EasyWeather software such as MyDEL, Nevada, Watson, Sinometer and Fine Offset, with model numbers such as WH1080, WH1081, W8681, 265NC etc., the La Crosse WS2300 range, and recent models from Instromet. For a more complete list of supported stations, see this page in the wiki.

There is now a version of Cumulus (called “Cumulus MX”) which runs on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X. You can read about it in the forum

First picture is of gauges posted are internal running on the main management / display of the Cumulus software running on the RPi2.

The second picture posted are external running on an public internet web site updated every few minutes.

I have utilized said gauges with HSTouch for an analog look to the screens.
    Attached Files
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Wow love it! I've been looking for a reason to build a rpi2 and this is perfect. Only problem I have is I still haven't settled on a weather station!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
    HS4Pro Win10 | Fire Tablet touchscreen client, Android Phones and Tablets | Jon00 | Smartthings | Philips Hue | Trane | Caseta | Nanoleaf | Ring | August | Evolve | Aladdin | Amazon Alexa/IFTT

Comment

It has been a while now but originally off loaded Cumulus to a Windows Server. Many folks ran Cumulus concurrently with HS2 which does work. Not sure how well CumulusMX would run with HS3 on a RPi2. Personally here it wasn't worth the effort as the RPi2 is only $35.

CumulusMX will connect to a variety of weather stations as posted on the Cumulus Wiki.

Relating to the "weather station" there is a variety out there from el cheapo less than $100 weather stations to higher end weather stations with Davis being on the top of that list. I still have two AAG weatherstations which are now 20 years old and they do work just fine. (except for the fast wind speeds).

Personally I prefer a wired or proprietary wireless weather station that doesn't need the internet to work. That is me though.
      Last edited by Pete; December 4, 2015, 09:29 PM.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks Pete,
        I was just about to load Cumulus on a new server so I gave MX a try.
        Easy install and I like the Web interface and gauges. Will try to add to HS Touch later today.
        Seems to run with low utilization and works the Jon00 Cumulus script.

Kind of miss the old Cumulus UI, but Inreally never looked at it anyway..
        Attached Files
        DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
        BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

More screenshots off of the iPad
          Attached Files
          DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
          BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

Another
            Attached Files
            DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

Enabled Plug-Ins

Comment

Steve created a sort of work of art with the CumulusMX interface. Here too never touch the running Cumulus on Wintel these days. Steve is no longer updating the original Cumulus these days.

I have yet to build RPi2 box #2 for CumulusMX.

I like playing with the little tags on the internet stuff here. Here is an example of what I see with the Davis Vantage Pro. I am pushing the console to ISS distance a bit. I like the RF info stuff.

Jon00's Cumulus script polls the realtime.txt file directly from the hosting site (2 directories). The homeseer touch variables come from Jon's Cumulus script. The WeatherXML cumulus data comes from two files created by a script that downloads the two realtime files and creates two different by location realtime files. I also upload to WUN and CWOP via Cumulus. Haven't figured out how to do the two CWOP uploads as much of the stuff was statically done on the CWOP side (it was sort of messed up). Very pleasant folks (thinking they were NOAA folks).

page updated 12/5/2015 2:55:00 PM