Suspend/Hibernate not working but reboot does

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suspend/Hibernate not working but reboot does

Just installed the plugin V 3.0.5850.31186 and think I have it setup correctly including install of UltramonShutdown on remote computer. I can use the plugin from the device management page to successfully shutdown, reboot and wake the remote computer but I can not get it to suspend or hibernate from using the plugin. Both sleep and hibernate work as expected from the windows commands directly on the computer.

The HS log shows that the commands are sent okay. On the remote computer I only get the notification window for when shutdown or reboot are sent, nothing appears when the suspend or hibernate are sent.

Since some commands work I assume my firewall settings are okay. Any thoughts? Thanks.

- Bump -

Does anyone know if this plugin is still supported?

Thanks.

Comment

Hibernate and suspend are the same thing. The both should result in the UltramonShutdown program issuing a shutdown /h on the remote system. Please check the Windows Event log on the remote system to see if the command is reaching your system. Please report back with your findings.

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Thanks for the reply UJ.

After posting my problem using UltraMonShutdown, I switched to using psShutdown and got that to work - the secret for that was to add the registry key LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy set to "1" on the remote systems.

I did not retry using UltraMonShutdown after getting it working but I will retry it tomorrow and check the log.

Comment

UltraJones,

I switched back to Ultramonshutdown. When I use the reboot or shutdown command it works - the pop-up window on the remote machine appears and the system responds as commanded.

When I try either the hibernate or suspend command there is no response on the remote system. When I checked the event logs it seems that the UltraMon service is getting the message and thinks it is running the command but nothing happens - i.e. no pop-up window and no action. As and FYI, the psShutdown method works for all commands on this same remote machine - it is running Windows 10.

Below are the screenshots of the events related to UltraMon for a suspend command.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Rube Goldberg; February 27, 2016, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Same thing for me. I can't get suspend/hibernate to work using UltraMon. But shutdown, reboot and WOL work.
            Using Windows 10 by the way.
            Marty
            iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Now that it is more than just me maybe it will get some attention; at least we have a work-around. It seems this plugin isn't a priority for support...

Comment

This is next on my list. I should be able to get to it tomorrow.

Regards,
                Ultrajones
                Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I am having the same problem - looking forward to a fix before purchase.

Comment

Hibernate and sleep now work. You'll need to:

If you have never installed the service before:
                    1. Download the new Service installer at: http://automatedhomeonline.com/HomeS...rviceSetup.zip
                    2. Run the setup program
                    3. Start the service

If you have already installed the service:
                    1. Download the new Service installer at: http://automatedhomeonline.com/HomeS...rviceSetup.zip
                    2. Stop the existing service
                    3. Uninstall the service from the add/remote programs
                    4. Run the setup program
                    5. Start the service

Possible Firewall Update:

I was testing this on a HomeTrollerS6. If you have this device, it just works. However, most new Windows operating systems will require you to make an adjustment to allow inbound UDP port 9190.

Please Note: The new service is listed as version 1.2.2 in Add/Remove programs.

Regards,
                    Ultrajones
                    Last edited by Ultrajones; March 18, 2016, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Thanks for working on this but I have just tried to install this (removing previous service first) and it appears that v1.0.0 is installed again rather than 1.2.2......

Comment

Originally posted by naellis View Post
                        Thanks for working on this but I have just tried to install this (removing previous service first) and it appears that v1.0.0 is installed again rather than 1.2.2......
                        I put the wrong URL in the link. I am sorry I wasted your time. It's now fixed.

Regards,
                        Ultrajones

Comment

Great...working now...Thanks.
                          Last edited by mminehan; March 18, 2016, 08:39 PM.
                          iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Originally posted by mminehan View Post
                            Same here.
                            I confirm http://automatedhomeonline.com/HomeS...rviceSetup.zip is the correct file. You need to make sure you stop, then uninstall the service before installing the new one.

Comment

Working now.....but, when sending say suspend to a client it immediately suspends instead of waiting the period set under options (using default values of 60 secs). Is that what the options are for ?

Comment

Working...
                              X