errors since upgrading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

errors since upgrading

applied the HS update yesterday, now i get Max number of queued events exceeded after it starts, anyone else having these issues? cant seem to figure out where they are coming from
    detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

What version of HS did you update to?

This has been an issue with older HS3 versions with some HS users.

I have not to date had this issue with HS3 on any of the versions to date. Currently using V.258.

The thread is buried here somewhere....either under HS3 Pro or HS3 Pro beta releases.

I would suggest that you post there maybe?
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Do you have any of Jon00's plugins where you have to copy over some dlls?

Only curious, because I did have issues them.

Eman.
      TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

yes i do have jon00's pluging s the rgbw and a few other scripts of his
        detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Comment

I love jons plugins and a big thank you to jon. but you do have to be careful when you upgrade to make sure everything is where it is supposed to be. Jon needs to get more plugin centric as opposed to script centric. I thing that would make upgrading easier for the masses.
          https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

and i upgraded to hs3 ver 3.0.0.258

Comment

my prevous version ( which i just rolled back to ) 3.0.0.208 dosnt have the issue

Comment

Originally posted by collegeboyslive View Post
                my prevous version ( which i just rolled back to ) 3.0.0.208 dosnt have the issue
                If you did the house cleaning and copied over the DLLs like jon00 says whenever you upgrade and you still have issues then it's something else. You might also have the RESTART plugin. The author posted an upgrade which I went on to upgrade and had some issues but I restored the homeseer folder and upgraded HS3 Pro to 3.0.0.258 then reinstalled the plugin and I since have had no issues.

Eman.

Comment

Guys,

I reported this bug nearly 2 years ago: http://bugzilla.homeseer.com/bugzill...ug.cgi?id=1710

Rich has had a few stabs at rectifying the issue but could never find the cause. A similar bug was rectified in the latest release (recurring events not always running) but it looks like the fix has exacerbated this particular bug.

It has nothing to do with replacing DLL's which would only affect individual plugins if there was a problem. No, this issue is squarely with the Homeseer Event Engine running recurring events.

I got so fed up with this bug that I wrote a small application to take over the role of Homeseer's scheduler to run recurring events. With the number of downloads registered on my site suggest a large number of people are using this application. The people who have mentioned it on the board have stated that everything works without error.

This was written as a short time 'fix' but we are now 2 years on and still no resolution in sight.
                  Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                    Guys,

I reported this bug nearly 2 years ago: http://bugzilla.homeseer.com/bugzill...ug.cgi?id=1710

Rich has had a few stabs at rectifying the issue but could never find the cause. A similar bug was rectified in the latest release (recurring events not always running) but it looks like the fix has exacerbated this particular bug.

It has nothing to do with replacing DLL's which would only affect individual plugins if there was a problem. No, this issue is squarely with the Homeseer Event Engine running recurring events.

I got so fed up with this bug that I wrote a small application to take over the role of Homeseer's scheduler to run recurring events. With the number of downloads registered on my site suggest a large number of people are using this application. The people who have mentioned it on the board have stated that everything works without error.

This was written as a short time 'fix' but we are now 2 years on and still no resolution in sight.
                    Have you emailed Rich to discuss this fix?
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                      Have you emailed Rich to discuss this fix?
                      What my fix? No, I'm just providing a temporary solution until the bug is fixed!

Rich is in dialog with jlikonen via email regarding this bug who has a setup which is regularly having this issue: http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...5&postcount=81
                      Jon

Comment

Hello,

I had this problem (in v208) before the upgrade to 258. I never had the problem in HS2 and did not see it in earlier versions of HS3. Maybe it's because I did not have as many events defined as that was the beginning of the transition from HS2 to HS3. Maybe was happening but not as obvious.

I cannot be sure but maybe started in V208.

-Cliff

Comment

Yup; it is really obvious when it happens as it just fills up your logs with a continuous stream of max number of queued events.

I personally would use Jon00's temporary solution utility for the time bean.

I haven't seen the issue with Homeseer 3 but I do/did see it occasionally with the Homeseer 2 event engine.

IE: looks like this on Homeseer 2 (notice that it happens continuously)

9/26/2015 9:56:48 AM Warning Max number of queued events exceeded, event car1-Home-ON not processed
                          9/26/2015 9:56:48 AM Warning Max number of queued events exceeded, event car2-Home-ON not processed
                          9/26/2015 9:56:48 AM Warning Max number of queued events exceeded, event car1-Home-ON not processed
                          9/26/2015 9:56:48 AM Warning Max number of queued events exceeded, event car2-Home-ON not processed
                          9/26/2015 9:56:54 AM Warning Max number of queued events exceeded, event Network Monitoring not processed
                          9/26/2015 9:56:54 AM Warning Max number of queued events exceeded, event Back of House Upload not processed
                          9/26/2015 9:57:00 AM Warning Max number of queued events exceeded, event car1-Home-ON not processed
                          9/26/2015 9:57:00 AM Warning Max number of queued events exceeded, event car2-Home-ON not processed
                          9/26/2015 9:57:14 AM Warning Max number of queued events exceeded, event MCS Graphs Snapshot not processed
                          9/26/2015 9:57:20 AM Warning Max number of queued events exceeded, event car1-Home-ON not processed
                          9/26/2015 9:57:20 AM Warning Max number of queued events exceeded, event car2-Home-ON not processed
                          9/26/2015 9:57:20 AM Warning Max number of queued events exceeded, event car1-Home-ON not processed
                          9/26/2015 9:57:20 AM Warning Max number of queued events exceeded, event car2-Home-ON not processed
                          9/26/2015 9:57:25 AM Warning Max number of queued events exceeded, event car1-Home-ON not processed
                          9/26/2015 9:57:25 AM Warning Max number of queued events exceeded, event car2-Home-ON not processed
                          9/26/2015 9:57:25 AM Warning Max number of queued events exceeded, event car1-Home-ON not processed
                          9/26/2015 9:57:25 AM Warning Max number of queued events exceeded, event car2-Home-ON not processed
                          9/26/2015 9:57:30 AM Warning Max number of queued events exceeded, event car1-Home-ON not processed
                          9/26/2015 9:57:30 AM Warning Max number of queued events exceeded, event car2-Home-ON not processed
                          9/26/2015 9:57:30 AM Warning Max number of queued events exceeded, event car1-Home-ON not processed
                          9/26/2015 9:57:30 AM Warning Max number of queued events exceeded, event car2-Home-ON not processed

With Homeseer 2 it would just quit working after a bit until I rebooted the computer.
                          Last edited by Pete; March 15, 2016, 08:47 AM.
                          - Pete

Auto mator
                          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

i disabled all of jon00's events and it still happened, no idea how to find out what events trigger this issue had to go back to the old version of HS

Comment

Hi guys,
                              If you are running Jon's scripts { Jon00RCCNMHS3_A.vben and Jon00RCCNM_MonitorHS3.vben} try to adjust the frequency when the scripts are run say, 1 min and 1m 30sec respectively and restart HomSeer. I can't say if that's a fix but worth trying

Eman.

Comment

Working...
                              X