Thermostats working okay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermostats working okay?

I just updated to the new release and enabled the Echo Skill. I can't seem to get my thermostats working correctly. I am using Insteon Thermostats with nfrobertson's plugin. I can get current temperature status of the Tstat, but if I try and control the Tstat - "Alexa tell Homeseer to set the Family Room Heat to 74 degrees", I hear "that command was not found on the device".

I am able to set my z wave thermostat fine using the skill, but ironically I swear I could do it with the API, but following upgrade to the latest hs3 release, I am getting the same error message you are with the API.

Comment

My thermostat works great with the skill. With the API, not so good. The heat and cool set points do not remember the Control Use setting that tells the API what to do with them, even with the newest HS and Zwave plugin versions.

Comment

I just updated to the new release and enabled the Echo Skill. I can't seem to get my thermostats working correctly. I am using Insteon Thermostats with nfrobertson's plugin. I can get current temperature status of the Tstat, but if I try and control the Tstat - "Alexa tell Homeseer to set the Family Room Heat to 74 degrees", I hear "that command was not found on the device".
        Could you post a screen shot of the device?
        Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Shultz View Post
          Wade, this is from my device page for this Tstat
          Attached Files

Comment

I don't see any controls where you would specifically set the temperature.

All I see are two buttons with '+' and '-'.
            Wade

Comment

That is likely it. I will ping Nathan to see if he has had a chance to look into voice control for his plugin.

Comment

Same problem here.
                Even if I manually set the ControlUse to 12 (heating Setpoint), (Echo now does see and include it), Echo doesn't like it (ie that that command doesn't work on "Heating Setpoint")

Command is:
                Alexa, set shelter heating setpoint to 79 degrees

Z

Comment

Originally posted by vasrc View Post
                  Same problem here.
                  Even if I manually set the ControlUse to 12 (heating Setpoint), (Echo now does see and include it), Echo doesn't like it (ie that that command doesn't work on "Heating Setpoint")

Command is:
                  Alexa, set shelter heating setpoint to 79 degrees

Z
                  Based on the statement you posted, you are working through the API, rather than the skill, so Rich will need to look into it.
                  Wade

Comment

Based on the statement you posted, you are working through the API, rather than the skill, so Rich will need to look into it.
                    Sorry, you guys all look alike

Z

Comment

Can some please tell me which of the devices in my stat I need to modify so that the echo can manipulate it? Is it the root?
                      Hector
                      MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Could you post a screen shot?
                        Wade

Comment

here you go...
                          Attached Files
                          Hector
                          MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                          AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Textbox inputs are not something we have a solution for as yet.

My suggestion would be to make a virtual device with a range from 50 to 90.

Once you've created it, get the ref ID of the device for use later on.

Then set up a script (or script command) that sets your heat set point to the value of the device you just created.

The code should be something like 'hs.setdevicevalue({your textbox device's refID},hs.devicevalue({your droplist device's refID}))'

eg: hs.setdevicevalue(1109,hs.devicevalue(1435))

Last, set up an event that runs the script whenever the device you created has it's value changed.

In summary:
                            You tell the echo to change the value of the device with the droplist.
                            The event sees the change and runs the script.
                            The script changes the value of the heat set point to match the value of the device with the drop list.
                            Wade

Comment

I'm testing my Insteon Thermostat plugin with my shiny new Echo (had been on backorder a few weeks) using the Skill method and HS3.0.0.258. I haven't tried the API yet.

After some trial and error I'm able to slightly rename the devices to unique enough values that I can reliably get status from all of them (Alexa tell homeseer to get status of Temperature). I can also send commands to those with text based command buttons (Alexa tell homeseer to set Mode to Auto).

Next I had to look at the heat and cool setpoints. In addition to turning on the voice control checkbox, I also had to go to the status graphics page and change the Status-Control for the range from status (i.e. was status only previously) to both (now the range can be controlled directly). I selected a slider as the Control Type. Maybe a text box would be better but thought I read here somewhere that text box controls may not be supported yet? I did also attempt to set the Control Use dropdown to "Cool Setpoint" or "Heat Setpoint" but that value doesn't appear to stick and just resets to "Not Specified". I'm ignoring that last fact for now.

I am now able to say (Alexa tell homeseer to set Heating as 55) and the excerpt from the log is below. It appears the "fifty" is being parsed to "50" but the second numerical word is being discarded? So I can change my cooling and heating setpoints to values like 50,60,70,80,90 but not to the exact value I'm looking for like 55. Any ideas?

Apr-01 11:18:02 AM Info Heard: set heating fifty five
                              Apr-01 11:18:02 AM ASR Device voice command: set heating fifty five
                              Apr-01 11:18:02 AM ASR Device voice command: set heating fifty five
                              Apr-01 11:18:02 AM TTS Speak (json:OK, I will set heating fifty five
                              Apr-01 11:18:02 AM Insteon Thermostat SetHeatSetpoint: HeatPump set heat setpoint to 50 Current heat setpoint = 60 Current cool setpoint = 80
                              Attached Files
                              HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
                              Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
                              Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
                              Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
                              http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X