Problem with setting up X-10 devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with setting up X-10 devices

In the device setup, CM15A tab, the select box for the device type is not showing. Also the tab is named CM15A instead of X10.

It's a brand new install, latest HS3 with a brand new CM15A.

The CM15A is properly recognized.

The startup log part for the CM15A:

03-19 4:46:00 PM ~!~Info~!~Plugin CM15A has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:51541
    2016-03-19 4:46:00 PM ~!~CM15A~!~Initialization Successful.
    2016-03-19 4:46:00 PM ~!~Plug-In~!~Finished initializing plug-in CM15A

The startup log does show an error just after starting the web server, not sure it is related:

2016-03-19 4:46:00 PM ~!~Web Server~!~Local IP address (subnet) is: 192.168.1.11 (255.255.255.0)
    2016-03-19 4:46:00 PM ~!~Web Server~!~UPNP Discovery started
    2016-03-19 4:46:00 PM ~!~Web Server~!~Web Server started on port 80
    2016-03-19 4:46:00 PM ~!~Startup~!~Creating ASP.NET application host...
    2016-03-19 4:46:00 PM ~!~Error~!~DeSerializing object (byte): Unable to load type A.cb99c99729402f641d5b80229dc8a0905+clsSelectorData required for deserialization. Source=mscorlib
    Attached Files

When you press the Done button is there an X10 device created with the expected device code? Are the log entries you show created from the on/off buttons on the Device Management page?

Aside from not having a 'Floor' or 'Room' assigned, the log entries look ok. I gather the physical devices are not responding?
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
      When you press the Done button is there an X10 device created with the expected device code? Are the log entries you show created from the on/off buttons on the Device Management page?

Aside from not having a 'Floor' or 'Room' assigned, the log entries look ok. I gather the physical devices are not responding?
      That is a yes to all 3 questions. But the device type select box not showing, the device created does not much correspond to the real one.

Comment

The error is because you do not have a floor and room defined.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          The error is because you do not have a floor and room defined.
          No cigar. Just assigned some. No differences.

Comment

How many devices do you have?
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
              How many devices do you have?
              16 zwave. 2 x10.

All zwaves work well. Trying to reuse older known good x10 devices.

Comment

Based on the log entry you posted, it appears that you have changed the on value from 100 to 2. I have no experience with the CM15, but I have found that with the CM11 plug-in making any changes to the Status Graphics tab can lead to problems. In my case I thought that was because I am using Preset Dim, but it might be more deep seated than that.

What happens if you delete these devices and create new ones, but make no modifications to them? When you press the On button you should see (100) in the log rather than (2) and (0) for Off, rather than (3). Does that change how the devices respond?

What does the CM15 tab look like after you create the device? Is the Done button in the same place?
                Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

In another thread there was a suggestion to turn on debug logging in the CM15.ini file to see X10 traffic. As I noted, I have no experience, but it might be worth taking a look at that file (in the HS3 Config sub folder).

Comment

Based on the log entry you posted, it appears that you have changed the on value from 100 to 2. I have no experience with the CM15, but I have found that with the CM11 plug-in making any changes to the Status Graphics tab can lead to problems. In my case I thought that was because I am using Preset Dim, but it might be more deep seated than that.

What happens if you delete these devices and create new ones, but make no modifications to them? When you press the On button you should see (100) in the log rather than (2) and (0) for Off, rather than (3). Does that change how the devices respond?

What does the CM15 tab look like after you create the device? Is the Done button in the same place?
                    I haven't changed the values. They are the ones HS puts in when creating the device. I have deleted and recreated them several times with, obviously, the same results.

The CM15 tab looks exactly as in the OP picture, both when creating and later editing the device.

The missing select box for the device type is most likely part of the problem.

Thanks for trying to help by the way.

Comment

In another thread there was a suggestion to turn on debug logging in the CM15.ini file to see X10 traffic. As I noted, I have no experience, but it might be worth taking a look at that file (in the HS3 Config sub folder).
                      Yup, seen that, as well as most other CM15 related posts.

Enabling the logging in the .ini didn't change squat in the log.

Comment

Oh well....
                        I was hoping Mark Fisher would see this thread, but I know he's pretty busy.
                        Try submitting a Bugzilla ticket. I'm pretty sure he gets all the X10-related ones, and he's been great at responding to them.
                        You could also try sending him a PM.

Comment

Oh well....
                          I was hoping Mark Fisher would see this thread, but I know he's pretty busy.
                          Try submitting a Bugzilla ticket. I'm pretty sure he gets all the X10-related ones, and he's been great at responding to them.
                          You could also try sending him a PM.
                          Ok. Thanks for the reference. I'll wait a bit to see if he or someone else chimes in. It's Sunday after all and it's no emergency. But I'll sure contact him if nothing else comes up.

Comment

Originally posted by zguy View Post
                            Enabling the logging in the .ini didn't change squat in the log.
                            With:
                            PluginDebug=True
                            in the CM15A.ini file you should find that received CM15 commands show in the log.

For example from my log:
                            Mar-20 13:52:36 CM15A DEBUG Received CM15 Address:F1, Commandff

Steve

Comment

The CM15 plugin behaves in a fairly strange manner. For a device to work you have values for Off and On of 0 and 100 but they are the 'status' only. You also have values of 2 and 3 set to 'control' for issuing On and OFF commands. See a basic appliance set up attached.
                              Because 2 and 3 are set to 'control' they will appear in the drop down list for an event action. The status of the device will then change to 0 or 100 and be represented by the values set to 'status' (only).

If you have the 0 and 100 values set to 'control' they will appear in the event actions but won't issue a CAPI command so don't work. Very confusing

Don't ask we why it is like this but once you get the hang of it it works ok. If you search there are old threads about how to make this work as there is no documentation.

Steve
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X