Weird bug: Updating other plugins, removes Tasker from plugin list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S-F View Post
    I just looked t my plugin page and the Tasker plugin was listed as remote. I restarted HS and the Tasker plugin was again in the proper place but it was disabled. I enabled it and so far everything seems to be working.

Just a heads up.
    This is the problem everyone is talking about. I see either that it's removed and not working, showing up as disabled on startup, or showing up remote.

I have no rhyme or reason to it, other than it was only doing it to me on the beta. I would wake up in the morning and wonder why my tablets were not lighting up when walking into a room and found the plugin disappeared. So changing things in HS doesn't appear to be the only way it breaks it.

Restart HS fixed it for me at least.

I will update to the version above and see how things go.

Comment

I'm using Jon00's plugin start/stop script. If the Tasker plugin isn't running it starts it automatically for me. I either use NFC to lock/unlock my door or just use Autovoice when I'm pulling into my driveway and wouldn't you know it, the plugin wasn't running one afternoon and I had to dig my keys out lol. It's funny how fast you get used to things.

Comment

New beta posted, 3.0.4.2 bugfixes. Less disturbing logging, only errors should be shown if not debug is enabled.
        Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
        --
        Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
        Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

It just happened to me again on the latest version. It moved to the remote section at the bottom and then after updating the Z-Wave plugin it disappeared all together. After a restart of HS3 it was there again.
          Originally posted by rprade
          There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

It just happened to me again on the latest version. It moved to the remote section at the bottom and then after updating the Z-Wave plugin it disappeared all together. After a restart of HS3 it was there again.
            Exact same situation with me updating z-wave. But I should also mention that my remote speaker clients are enabled but not speaking. Only Tasker speaks. I was just waiting for the others to report this.

Eman
            TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

So you are only getting this error when z-wave plugin is upgrading?
              --
              Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post
                Exact same situation with me updating z-wave. But I should also mention that my remote speaker clients are enabled but not speaking. Only Tasker speaks. I was just waiting for the others to report this.

Eman
                Hi Eman, is there any change if you disable/enable speechproxy in the tasker plugin?
                --
                Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Originally posted by tonlof View Post
                  Hi Eman, is there any change if you disable/enable speechproxy in the tasker plugin?
                  Seems to be working again after playing about with the speech proxy setting.
                  As for the issue with the updates, I have had quite some of this problem with updating the z-wave plugin. But I can't pin on it on that as the main cause. It could be major deep inside HomeSeer itself.

Eman.

Comment

Hi tonlof,

The speech proxy works in reverse order. When I turn it on both clients and Tasker speak and when off only Tasker speaks.

Eman.
                    Last edited by Eman; May 13, 2016, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Today the tasker plugin is listed as a remote plugin and I'm seeing these errors in the log.

Error, Creating plugin instance: HSPI_TASKER.exe->Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.->Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted

This is getting very annoying.

Comment

I posted earlier that when the Tasker plugin gets "disconnected" that I would automatically restart it but the biggest issue I've been having is that after a while it just stops working. I know Tasker is sending the messages but nothing happens.

I have learned a lot about Tasker using the plugin, which is nice, and using the logic behind some of the HS Tasker tasks I've been writing my own that just accesses HS through JSON and receives updates and sends commands that way. It's been more reliable lately.

Comment

Today the tasker plugin is listed as a remote plugin and I'm seeing these errors in the log.

Error, Creating plugin instance: HSPI_TASKER.exe->Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.->Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted

This is getting very annoying.
                          I'm sorry that you enter issue with the plugin, I can't recreate the issue on my machine, it runs 24/7 since last server reboot last week.
                          I would like to see if the problem is related to the UDP server I added in few releases ago. This version have same version number, the only change is that the UDP server is disabled.
                          Last edited by tonlof; May 12, 2016, 12:31 PM.
                          --
                          Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Did the latest beta solve any issue?
                            --
                            Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Not for me, it is still removed when I update or install other plugins.

I'll add it to bugzilla, it has to be HS3-related.
                              HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                              Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                              on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                              WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Didn't help me either. I just checked and the plugin was totally gone. I then updated a plugin and it appeared under the remote plugins.

Comment

Working...
                                X