No announcement yet.

Firmware for HS-WD100+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well it's Thursday and after hours according to their office recording. I haven't seen or heard anything that the Firmware was posted. Still new here and trying to gauge the accuracy of dates. Whats normal?

Comment

I think it depends, from my short time here I can say it's nothing like Vera's time estimates.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
      RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Lately they have been good about hitting deadlines. So I would imagine we will see it tomorrow.

I really hope they put the ramp control back into the switch this round.

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
          So I would imagine we will see it tomorrow.

I really hope they put the ramp control back into the switch this round.
          Fingers crossed for both.

Comment

The firmware is undergoing testing right now and there are a few issues to work out. This will delay the release a few days. Please be patient. This is a high priority project for us and we are working to get it out as quickly as possible but We WILL NOT RELEASE IT WITH KNOWN PROBLEMS.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
              The firmware is undergoing testing right now and there are a few issues to work out. This will delay the release a few days. Please be patient. This is a high priority project for us and we are working to get it out as quickly as possible but We WILL NOT RELEASE IT WITH KNOWN PROBLEMS.
              Are your known issues worse then what I have now? Probley not, trade offs. Betatesters needed?

Comment

Thank you Mark, the last thing we need is to exchange one problem with another.
                RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
                  Thank you Mark, the last thing we need is to exchange one problem with another.
                  While I completely agree that doesn't sit quite as good with me since they refused to release the current firmware which is all a few of us really need to have working switches again. If they are close to release thats one thing. If they are forced to drag it out due to iusses then I would urge that they go back to just helping us out with the current version. I think it should have been posted but even if they login and update the switches or send it only on request atleast thats some progress to get the issue resolved.

Originally posted by jseer View Post
                  We would like to not give out the older firmware when we are very close to having the new firmware finished.
                  I have chose at this point to not return my two switches for RMA due to shipping time and cost vs. their expected timeline. If time line doubles or triples that changes alot but I'm basing my decisions on what they tell me and i believe to be accurate.

Comment

Mark appreciate the thoroughness. Can you answer if it will include the ramp control added back in? That is the only thing I have been waiting on.

Comment

Mark appreciate the thoroughness. Can you answer if it will include the ramp control added back in? That is the only thing I have been waiting on.
                      Yes, the new firmware supports independent ramps rates for local and remote control.

Comment

Yes, the new firmware supports independent ramps rates for local and remote control.
                        You are my new favorite person for the day!! Thanks!

Comment

You are my new favorite person for the day!! Thanks!
                          That's 23 hours, 59 mintues longer than my wife usually gives me. I'll take it!

Comment

FIRMWARE FLASHING WARNING

Warning: Most Z-Wave wall switches are based on Sigma reference designs. Because of this, it's "possible" to flash a switch with the wrong firmware. A couple folks have already discovered that by inadvertently flashing HS-WD100+ dimmers with HS-WS100+ firmware. In that case, the situation can be reversed by re-flashing the dimmers with the forthcoming HomeSeer firmware. We do intend to add some checks in the Z-Wave plug-in to prevent that going forward.

HOWEVER, if you flash a HomeSeer dimmer or switch with firmware from another manufacturer, you'll void the warranty on the HomeSeer product AND (equally importantly) that product will no longer be able to be flashed with HomeSeer firmware (including any future releases). Please do not do this!!

Comment

How's testing going on the new firmware revision? We don't use the affected room much on the WD switch I erroneously loaded with WS firmware so I can still wait, just curious.

Comment

Will it also have the option to leave the bottom LED on at all times?

Comment

Working...
                                X