Homelink Success!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homelink Success!!

Well after much playing around I have finally gotten the Homelink buttons in my 2002 Durango to send X-10 codes! Here's what I did (your mileage may vary):

First I had to delete the factory codes from the system.
    <UL TYPE=SQUARE>
    1) Turn the ignition to the 'accessory' position

2) Press and hold the 2 outer Homelink buttons, after about 20 seconds the indicator light will begin to flash, continue holding until the indicator goes out.[/list]

Then I had Homelink learn the X-10 commands.

I used the "X-10 ActiveHome" remote (model JR20A) for these steps. And an "X-10 PowerHouse" Transceiver module (model RR501) for testing.
    <UL TYPE=SQUARE>
    1) Press and hold the Homelink button that you want to program, continue holding for about 20 seconds and the indicator light will begin flashing slowly. Continue holding through the next step!!

2) Now hold your remote about 1" from the Homelink console and press the button of the command that you want HomeLink to learn. Continue holding both buttons until the HomeLink indicator begins flashing rapidly, then release both buttons.[/list]
    That's all there is too it!

I programmed button 1 to send "A1 On" and button 2 to send "A1 Off". So now when I'm pulling out of the driveway I can put the house into "away" mode, and when I arrive home I can light my path to the door.

I'm currently building an antenna for the MR26A, once it's done I'll let you know what my range is.

-Nitrox

My HomeLink receiver always sends out 3 adjacent unit codes, so I'm glad to be able to bypass it.

I had to use the "Canadian" programming instructions before my HomeLink would train sucessfully (had to push the "on" button twice at 2 second intervals).

Since this is my third HomeLink device (I also have garage door opener and another device), I use a simple light toggle script for the received code.

Great stuff!

jjm

Comment

Resurrecting a really old thread but do any of you guys use HomeLink and what is your range?
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I tried (half-heartedly) to program my wife's Traverse and never could get the RFXCOM or the WGL to see any traffic. I gave up since we use RFID in the vehicles anyway. I would like to know how others are using it though...
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I've never gotten it to work - tried on 3 cars over the years. I can't even get the thing to open my garage door!
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
            I've never gotten it to work - tried on 3 cars over the years. I can't even get the thing to open my garage door!
            I have to hold the button down for several seconds to get the garage door to open but it does work.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I remember this old post and I used the instructions to program my Homelink.

I still use the Stanley Garage Door indicators that communicate with a tranceiver (with a telescoping antenna) located in the garage, so my Homelink range is excellent regarding the X10 commands - in excess of 100'. I found that since Homeseer knows when my garage door is open, that it was easier to just add logic in to activate my post lamps for 5 minutes directly. I'm very satisfied with the garage door opener range as well, since the majority of my garage is brick. Those that have aluminum siding all the way around probably have the least range.
              Last edited by ameridan; September 15, 2010, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Just a bump to the top and a thank you for a great old post. This works great for us on our 2013 Ford C Max and 2002 Lexus RX300.

Mattman

Comment

Curious what you are doing with it Matt?
                  - Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                  Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                  HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                  HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I have some front porch lights that I turn on and my inside lights when I drive up when it's dark. Just sending an X10 command to the house.

Comment

Very nice Matt.

Yup; personally over the last few years I like it daylight like in the garage when driving in.

Maybe twice in the last 20 years we have had an opossum move in to the garage.

These are a bit mean sometimes.
                      - Pete

Auto mator
                      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I'll have to try this with my spare homelink button in my car. I never thought about how to program it.. I will try with my palmpad

Thanks for the info!
                        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

The palm pad is exactly what I used. Took me 30 minutes to find it in my X10 pile...

Comment

Working...
                          X