X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper for Homeseer 3 & Homeseer 4

Note: Works with Windows and Linux.

Windows requires HS3 build 3.0.0.293 or later & Linux requires HS3 build 3.0.0.304 or later for V1.0.

HS3 build 3.0.0.478 or later is required for V1.2.

This uses the Alexa Homeseer Home Automation skill as detailed in Option 2 here.

If in the UK etc, you can create your own skill - details here:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...homeseer-in-uk

Edit: Look here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/3r...08#post1290908

Old details here

This package allows you to interact with your Alexa devices and trigger events/scripts; control devices (via JSON/CAPI) from speech text received from Alexa and customise individual responses back for her to speak.

String match options using the text received from Alexa include:

» Exact string match
    » String is contained (word(s) in order)
    » String is contained (word(s) in any order)
    » Like Operator match (similar to Regex)

Whilst you may be comfortable with the standard skill triggers, the method deployed here can help, especially if there are unique words used for an activity.

For example, you can just define a single word as a trigger i.e. Horoscope. Therefore any voice command received from Alexa which contains the word Horoscope will cause a trigger i.e.

'Tell Homeseer to read my horoscope'
    'Tell Homeseer to get my horoscope for today'

On a successful match, the following triggers are available:

» Run an event (speech triggering does not need to be enabled).
    » Run a script (with parameters if necessary).
    » Run a immediate script
    » Control various devices via CAPI, device value and/or JSON.
    » Set the device value of a nominated virtual device from parsed numerical text.
    » Set the CAPI value of control devices from parsed numerical text.
    » Send customised and/or randomised responses back to Alexa for announcement.
    » Send customised and/or randomised responses to the Homeseer speaker clients.

The response text which can be sent to both Alexa and/or the Speaker clients can be constructed using replacement variables so you can include information from your Homeseer setup. This means you could for example, construct the response to read out the current weather using various virtual device values from your own weather station.

You can also mute Alexa if you don't want a response.

Advanced features:

» Set the trigger time of an event by speaking the required time/delay duration to Alexa.

Examples:

"Ask Homeseer to set an office reminder at three twenty five PM"
    "Ask Homeseer to set the Alarm in thirty five minutes time"

» Response Triggers are available to initiate pseudo conversations/triggers with Alexa.

Example:

You: Ask Homeseer to make Coffee?
    Alexa: Sure, how many cups do you want?
    You: Four?
    Alexa: Do you want Weak, Normal or Strong Coffee?
    You: Strong?
    Alexa: Strong Coffee coming up. I'm ready, are you?
    You: Yes?
    Alexa: Brewing Coffee

Video here:

(Thanks to Moskus for this example)

» Triggering based on Alexa device locations is also possible with the new feature built into Homeseer V3.0.0.478.

Example:

You in Kitchen: "Alexa, Ask Homeseer to turn on the light"
    Alexa: OK, Turning on the Kitchen lights for you
    (Kitchen lights are turned on as Kitchen Alexa provides its ID to the helper)

You in Bedroom: "Alexa, Ask Homeseer to turn on the light"
    Alexa: OK, Turning on the Master Bedroom lights for you
    (Bedroom lights are turned on as Mater Bedroom Alexa provides its ID to the helper)

Your existing skill is not affected by the inclusion of this helper apart from it will take priority if a valid match causes a trigger.

Setup is via a custom web pages which allow ease of configuration. This includes a method to simulate text and location from an Alexa device.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	1169 Size:	66.2 KB ID:	1530349
    As always, it is available from my site (click on my banner below). Constructive feedback is welcome!

(No Banner seen?- check your Forum Settings - User Settings, Account, Tick 'Show Signature')
    Last edited by jon00; May 2, 2020, 12:47 PM.
    Jon

Ok, I had a little problem as my Homeseer skill is currently not working, as my Echo is stuck somewhere between US and UK... but I have the custom skill working. With that your app is now up and running too. I set up a test phrase of 'turn on test', that responds with 'of course my master i am switching on test'. A bit silly I know but the other half laughed, and it was the first thing just to see if it works. It does. So now I can start doing some more testing.
    One thing, I quite often would like to change the .ini file while I am logged in remotely, but I dont think thats possible. If theer was a way, not just for this app, that would be extremely helpful, probably not just for me.
    I could log in remotely into my HS3 PC with teamviewer, that works on my home network, but I cant do that at work remote access software is blocked.

Comment

Thanks.

I have an ini file editor on my site which allows remote config from the HS webserver.
      Jon

Comment

+1 on this little beauty!!!
        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
          Thanks.

I have an ini file editor on my site which allows remote config from the HS webserver.
          That is very useful, I will install that as soon as I can.

Installed and working. Another usful tool.
          Last edited by mikee123; October 17, 2016, 02:34 PM.

Comment

PM sent.

Greig.
            Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
            X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
            Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
            Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
            Scripts =
            Various

Comment

The first thing I missed was to be able to use 'or' in the phrase. So I would like Alexa to react to good night or goodnight or go to sleep
              As an example. That would save me setting up 3 conditions

I will just keep posting ideas and observations, not everything might be possible or feasible I am aware of that.

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
                The first thing I missed was to be able to use 'or' in the phrase. So I would like Alexa to react to good night or goodnight or go to sleep
                As an example. That would save me setting up 3 conditions

I will just keep posting ideas and observations, not everything might be possible or feasible I am aware of that.
                Actually you can. I forgot to put it in the docs. Use 2 pipe commands as a delimiter i.e.

AlexaText=good night||goodnight||go to sleep
                Jon

Comment

I must admit I wasn't even considering or statements but rather distinct actions, so I am glad you posted the @mikee123 and the very quick rebuttal from @jon00 demonstrating the enchanted capabilities this will provide

Comment

Finally, something that people have been asking for but the official skill fell short on. I would love to test this.

Comment

One thing, I quite often would like to change the .ini file while I am logged in remotely, but I dont think thats possible. If theer was a way, not just for this app, that would be extremely helpful, probably not just for me.
                      I could log in remotely into my HS3 PC with teamviewer, that works on my home network, but I cant do that at work remote access software is blocked.

Have you seen Domotz.com? It's a network device monitoring agent that runs on several low powered devices (RPi) and NAS (Qnap/Synology). It supports RDP from an SSL browser session and allows access to your Win PCs and some other devices via the outbound connection the agent maintains with their servers (it reverses thru the connection). Not for everybody but I have used it a few times in a pinch.
                      cheeryfool

Comment

problem using .ini helper remotely

I couldn't find a thread for the .ini helper, and as you mentioned it here I thought I'd ask here. I am accessing my HS3 remotely at the moment via myhs. Once I logged in, I am on https://connected2.homeseer.com/. Then I change it to https://connected2.homeseer.com/Jon00IniEditor.aspx but the connection times out. It could be the restricted web browser here at work, or I am doing something wrong

@cherryfool

I have got no idea what rdp is... still will have a look at the site and see if I understand what it does

Comment

I couldn't find a thread for the .ini helper, and as you mentioned it here I thought I'd ask here. I am accessing my HS3 remotely at the moment via myhs. Once I logged in, I am on https://connected2.homeseer.com/. Then I change it to https://connected2.homeseer.com/Jon00IniEditor.aspx but the connection times out. It could be the restricted web browser here at work, or I am doing something wrong

@cherryfool

I have got no idea what rdp is... still will have a look at the site and see if I understand what it does
                          What are you running HS3 on? If it is a zee/pi, it will not work as it does not have enough processing power to support ASPX web pages.

Other causes are running HS3 as a service running NSSM (which breaks Homeseer's ability to serve ASPX web pages).
                          Jon

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
                            Finally, something that people have been asking for but the official skill fell short on. I would love to test this.
                            I do now have enough beta testers. If you can wait, I should have something published by the end of the week. Just adding a few extra features...
                            Jon

Comment

WRT to the Ini Editor, It may be adventurous to include in the same package with an explanation on configuring Custom Web Page for easy access.

Comment

Working...
                              X