Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 ENERGY Errors - Object Reference not set to an instance of an Object

Ok

I've been playiong around HS3 for 8 months now I and I was getting ready to play with the energy database. I have 5 Aeon switch, 2 aeon energy monitor on my 2 electical panel.

First, I went in the configuration and activate the "Enable Energy Logging and Graphing" parameters and just to make sure I started clean, I clicked on the database clear button.

Then, I tried to go in the Energy option to see and play with the energy graph but as soon as I select the option in the HS3 menu I have the following message on a single line in my browser "error - Object Reference not set to an instance of an Object"

I tried once again to reset the databse but the message still appears.

On a side note, as soon as I activated the "Enable Energy Logging and Graphing" parameters, I started having the following errors in my log file:

Z-Wave Warning Failed to add energy data received for Switch Sous-sol aeon foyer - kW Hours to HomeSeer.

any clue on the issue ?

Thanks

I think the "error - Object Reference not set to an instance of an Object" message is generated when there is no data yet. I don't have the built-in energy logging activated and I get that message too when I accidentally select the Energy link. You can try opening the database (in the Data\Energy subfolder) using Sqlitebrowser to see if any data is in there.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Sparkman, thanks for this, unfortunatly, if I start the sqlitebrowser and point iot to the data\energy directory, it does not see any database !

I went in the directory and the only file in there is "energy.hsd" and nothing else so I guess the issue is with a bd file not being created at all ?

Should I copy an empty file from somewhere or is there any other way to create it ?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by goldriver View Post
        Sparkman, thanks for this, unfortunatly, if I start the sqlitebrowser and point iot to the data\energy directory, it does not see any database !

I went in the directory and the only file in there is "energy.hsd" and nothing else so I guess the issue is with a bd file not being created at all ?

Should I copy an empty file from somewhere or is there any other way to create it ?

Thanks
        That is the sqlite file. Sqlitebrowser will open it just fine, just select to show all files or just type energy.hsd in the file open field.

Cheers
        Al
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

sorry, I tought I was looking for a sql file...

Looking in the file, there is only 1 record wich have no link to anything I would think, but on the other hand, looking at the log file I have a bunch of z-wave warning coming from all my energy reporting devices saying "Failed to add energy data received for ..."

Comment

Comment

Stopping and starting HS fixed this for me.

I had enabled the Energy tracking, and went straight for the page... same error.

After the restart, all is well.
              Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Working...
              X