Unable to remove bad nodes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to remove bad nodes

I have 3 nodes listed as Sigma Switch Multilevel that I think were created accidentally when I misread some documentation. Trying to remove the devices now using the 'remove bad node' function within the z-wave tab, I get the following:
    'Node 37 was not removed from any interface in the system, it may still be communicating or function aborted.'

Here is the log snippet of trying to remove it
    Code:
    May-30 12:27:23 AM	 	Z-Wave	Aeon Labs Aeotec - Z-Stick Gen5: Sending to node 37 (UnSecured) CC=COMMAND_CLASS_FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD
    May-30 12:26:31 AM	 	Z-Wave	Aeon Labs Aeotec - Z-Stick Gen5: Sending to node 37 (UnSecured) CC=COMMAND_CLASS_FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD
    May-30 12:26:26 AM	 	Z-Wave	Aeon Labs Aeotec - Z-Stick Gen5: Sending to node 37 (UnSecured) CC=COMMAND_CLASS_NO_OPERATION
    May-30 12:26:22 AM	 	Z-Wave	Aeon Labs Aeotec - Z-Stick Gen5: Sending to node 37 (UnSecured) CC=COMMAND_CLASS_NO_OPERATION
    May-30 12:26:14 AM	 	Z-Wave	Aeon Labs Aeotec - Z-Stick Gen5: Sending to node 37 (UnSecured) CC=COMMAND_CLASS_FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD
    May-30 12:16:51 AM	 	Z-Wave	Aeon Labs Aeotec - Z-Stick Gen5: Sending to node 37 (UnSecured) CC=COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_MULTILEVEL_V2
    I see the same thing trying to remove any of the weird nodes. Unsure why I cannot remove them and I'm unable to interact with them.

I've run into that and I simply deleted them using the homeseer device list page; word of caution, make sure you put the checkmark next to the correct device!
    HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
    Number of Devices: 1005
    Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Ended up just deleting them but I'll be curious to see if anything references them that I'm just not aware of or something.

Comment

They will still be in the controller unless you go into the root device and use the Remove Bad Node feature. This *should* remove them from the controller but I have seen this fail (make certain the node is not powered on anywhere or this WILL fail).

Another trick you can use on some of the newer 500 series modules is to use the factory reset feature built into the module. This will send a command to your controller to remove the node. Note that this only works on the newer modules.

Finally, if you are a glutton for punishment, you can back up your interface, open the file with Notepad and remove the bad node lines manually, save it, upload it back to your controller, and restore it. This one has great potential for mayhem on your network, and I would only recommend it if you are against the wall and doing a restore anyway. It works, but you will spend countless hours rescanning your devices and fixing myriad problems.

Comment

Originally posted by MorkaiTheWolf View Post
          Ended up just deleting them but I'll be curious to see if anything references them that I'm just not aware of or something.
          The big problem is that if they are still present in the controller, every time you try to add something new it will scan the device list and reconstitute every one of these bogus Sigma entries.

Comment

Also need help to remove remove phantom nodes

All I can find officially in the How To section is: "How to Remove Z-Wave Device (including phantom nodes) From Your HS2 System"

That's a bit out of date. I'm not up for editing system files, some help would be appreciated.

Thanks
            Al

Comment

I know this is an old thread, but it seems that very few people have a solution for this.
              From experience, when "remove bad node" in the root device z wave tab doesn't work, use Zensys Tools (be sure to take the interface offline in HS first. Zensys Tools needs exclusive access to the controller.

you can find guides online for using zensys tools to remove bad nodes. I know this works for the AEON and HS USB interfaces, not sure about any others.

Comment

Click on the 'Home' menu, you should see the 'Device List'.
                Click on the name of the node you're trying to remove. You should see 4 tabs: Configuration, Advanced, Status Graphics, and Z-wave.
                Click on the 'Z-wave' tab.
                Click on the 'Test Connectivity' button, wait for it to report that it can't find the node.
                Click on the 'Remove Node'
                Voila!

Comment

Working...
                X